Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cladding. What to charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

Ok, I have been asked today to clean some cladding on an industrial unit.

The cladding is coloured light and dark grey.

I estimate it should take me around 4 days very maximum to clean, I reckon it is 3 days worth of work.

All work is from ground level to approx 30foot.

Now, on an average day at the moment I would like to earn at minimum £100.

With that in mind, some questions.

1. How would you price a days work cleaning cladding, what price range are we talking if you cleaned cladding for a day?

2. Would using normal water be ok, as it is not glass, and aslong as it is all scrubbed and rinsed should it be ok?

3. 3 businesses use the unit, and all have cars parked near the buildin round the back, and all use hgv doors for receiving and sending goods, so a bank holiday monday at the end of this month is the time I'm aiming for, should I mention this fact and get away with charging more for a bank holiday job?

Thanks in advance guys.

Ok, I have been asked today to clean some cladding on an industrial unit.

The cladding is coloured light and dark grey.

I estimate it should take me around 4 days very maximum to clean, I reckon it is 3 days worth of work.

All work is from ground level to approx 30foot.

Now, on an average day at the moment I would like to earn at minimum £100.

With that in mind, some questions.

1. How would you price a days work cleaning cladding, what price range are we talking if you cleaned cladding for a day?

2. Would using normal water be ok, as it is not glass, and aslong as it is all scrubbed and rinsed should it be ok?

3. 3 businesses use the unit, and all have cars parked near the buildin round the back, and all use hgv doors for receiving and sending goods, so a bank holiday monday at the end of this month is the time I'm aiming for, should I mention this fact and get away with charging more for a bank holiday job?

Thanks in advance guys.
I would get some picture up ,to get 3 days work just cleaning cladding you must be doing it wrong or doing the Olympics arena:p:p

i think you kinda answered the first question in your first post, you want at least £100 a day, and it will take you 3 days......£300?

I thought if it took 3 full days to do a large building like that, that you could hit them for a bit more than £100 a day...

Or you could ask for £300 and take someone with you, so you'd be away in a day and a bit?

theres a lot of work in that masons personally i wouldnt go near it for less than 500 these jobs dont come my way to often so when i get one i like to make a few quid on them

i clean some cladding & one thing i have found is use old brush heads (if you have any) as it will knacker them up, also i use pure water

ok guys thanks so far. I shall sort it out over the next week and see where we are.

I think I shall probably give them a maximum price, and clean it saying I shall try keep it lower, and depending on how long it takes try keep it less. I'll say a maximum of £550 maybe. And try keep it around £450.

And the pic shows an example, the job is quite clean yet on the back there is a lot of spider gunk and moss.

After much thought I'm going to visit the site next week, and clean a small patch to work out what results will be gotten from just using water. and if I used a soap or chemical.

I'll be using a Vikan sill brush and just cleaning it that way.

Back