Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I have always used pencil and have decided to give fans a shot. I am assuming the technique must be different. Higher flow rate maybe? Any tips so that I get the best out of them?

My tip is to clean everything in sight of the window, especially the top frame. I used them none stop for a good few months because I liked the sound of them. Pencils are more accurate. Give them a try, you might love them :thumbsup:

Use fans all the time now, on a high flow. Uses less water and has a wider spread. Sometimes I switch back for a day or 2 lol. Still cant decide, but spend much more on fan

ive had fan jets for a while on my brushes as well as jets but never used them however before christmas i started using them and found that i needed to put the flow rate up to work efficiently but funnily enough i saved more water, i think ive saved as a rough guide anouther 5-10 houses worth of water in the tank.

i love the noise too and with steamy warm water it feels like im using a steam cleaner lol

Right my experience with fan jets it they sit above the brush , I got on fine with them on big commercial jobs ,but how do you lot manage when the brush has to go to the top of the glass on domestic ? Surely you spray the brick work and everything

Theses days fan jets are fitted in the brush stock not fitted to an arm above the brush.

Right my experience with fan jets it they sit above the brush , I got on fine with them on big commercial jobs ,but how do you lot manage when the brush has to go to the top of the glass on domestic ? Surely you spray the brick work and everything

Theses days fan jets are fitted in the brush stock not fitted to an arm above the brush.
The ionics brushes were fantastic /emoticons/smile.png don't the bristles stop the spray though or is it just a case of adjust till good ?

The gardiner wide fan jets fitted to their brushes as standard work. If you buy a new brush you have the option now as an optional extra to have them come with fan & pencil already fitted so can just swap over which jets you want to use.

The gardiner wide fan jets fitted to their brushes as standard work. If you buy a new brush you have the option now as an optional extra to have them come with fan & pencil already fitted so can just swap over which jets you want to use.
Thanks Smurf ill order some if there as water saving as they sound

Don't count on them to be water saving but I've found that fan jets do work better on phobic glass

Been trying to find a pic of one of my brushes that has pencil and fan jets in it. Can't find it.
Is it a little daft of me to say " why don't you just take one yourself " ?

Found it

IMAG0418_zps0842e5bd.jpg

Back