Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure needed for DI?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MikeNW

Sorry for even more stupid questions! I'm wondering how much water pressure with be needed to push water through a resin vessel? Will the weight of water in an ibc say a foot off the ground be enough?

I'm harvesting water from several roofs and was originally thinking I would use my submersible (water butt) pump to pump water through the resin and store in a clean ibc. I'm thinking that might be too fast/too much pressure. I'm now thinking pump rainwater into ibc,s (via a filter) and finally gravity feed through the resin into my tubs (cleaning using a trolley so don't have one large van tank).

All suggestion gratefully received!

Cheers

Mike

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I can but the pump I have is a water butt pump and quite high pressure - similar to a tap on full. Will this be too high? Suppose I could run it through a tap to slow it down but that won't be good for the pump long term!

I'm a rainwater harvester myself, and i just collect it as you in an IBC . Pump it over to my tank in the van , from tank in van before pump a cheap pre-filter ,from pump straight into an onboard 11 kg resin vessel, from vessel to hose reel.

That speed the 100 psi pump work at is adequate for an efficient flow to purify,without exhausting the resin too fast .

When I'm out of rainwater,I do the exact same with my RO water .:thumbsup:

Because I'm using a trolley, a car and a collection of tubs I can't di on my way to the pole, needs to be done sooner. My choices are di from rainwater containers into storage ibc or from ibc on way to my tubs. First option is via a water butt bump (mains water pressure) the second option is by gravity? I'm worried my pump will destroy my resin too quick! Suppose there is only one way to find out!? :)

Sorry for even more stupid questions! I'm wondering how much water pressure with be needed to push water through a resin vessel? Will the weight of water in an ibc say a foot off the ground be enough?

I'm harvesting water from several roofs and was originally thinking I would use my submersible (water butt) pump to pump water through the resin and store in a clean ibc. I'm thinking that might be too fast/too much pressure. I'm now thinking pump rainwater into ibc,s (via a filter) and finally gravity feed through the resin into my tubs (cleaning using a trolley so don't have one large van tank).

All suggestion gratefully received!

Cheers

Mike

My home mains water pressure is 73 psi but i never allow that full pressure water loose on my DI as it shortens the life span of the resin. I generally allow a few turns of the tap and fill my IBC's slowly. Unless you have a lot of water at a good head using gravity you'll be waiting days. 

Back