Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dual Trim Or Flat?

chip

Does anyone think it really makes any difference? I get the theory on a dt, and even toothbrushes do it, but can't really say I can see any difference, though I've only had 1 of each and don't pay that much attention! But I'm on the lookout for a new brush and amongst other things can't decide whether to stay dt

I use to use the dt it was my favorite brush but i have been using a extreme now for about 1 year and love it but this is what i am going to try next

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/The-Super-Lite--Xtreme-Soft--Black--BRUSH_SL_XTREME_MM.html
I have one on my pole. If I'm honest, it's a bit too soft. It will struggle if any poop on the glass has been there a while. I like a medium/hardish brush specially on first cleans and if the glass/frames hasn't been cleaned for ages.

i think a lot depends on who makes the brush

ie vikan flat i think are great but heavy, gardiners are light, but some times too soft for bird much, i use to love the extreme wide flat with luxmark fans, then i went on to the dual trim from gardiners extreme, bit too soft, but very light, have the dual trim normal brush, good brush use it a lot

True, got mine form Gardiner, it's far too soft. I will replace it with another brush.

i think a lot depends on who makes the brush

ie vikan flat i think are great but heavy, gardiners are light, but some times too soft for bird much, i use to love the extreme wide flat with luxmark fans, then i went on to the dual trim from gardiners extreme, bit too soft, but very light, have the dual trim normal brush, good brush use it a lot

The only flat trim I have used is a boars hair from tecbuk. I really have fallen in love with the dual trim hybrid brush from tecbuk, red polyester on exterior trim, with boars hair in inside trim.. With the hybrid brush you have the scrubbing power.

Previous to using tecbuk brushes, I have had 3 dual trims superlites, 2 different med mix and 1 stiff.. When I purchased them I thought, right I'll get the stiff for first cleans, and med mix for maintenance cleans.. To be honest there isn't a great difference in scrubbing power between med mix and stiff.. And both struggle on first cleans and nasty stuff..

I now use the full boars hair for first cleans, it's absolutely brilliant for removing built up grime..

Then the hybrid brush for maintenance cleaning, great quick cleaning with the backup of boars hair when you come across sticky bird dirt!!

Hi Chip,

Personally I always prefer to use a ‘Full Trim’ (Red Monofilament) brush on Georgian windows; its no coincidence the Tecbuk brush stock fits these types of windows, but I would still recommend a full trim brush purely because (I) can work much faster with this Full trim finish over using a Duel Trim brush. All the brushes bristles on a Full trim come into contact with the glass and the stock can remain away from the usually wooden window frames, so you can work much faster without risk of knocking the frames. As a guide I usually clean 100 panes in 4-5 minutes or less with a Full trim, 5 mins or more with a Duel trim.

Richard

(Sounds like you are working, using the brushes in a similar way to me Belfastcleaning)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock