Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Issues With Taking Over A Round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gleam123

Just been approached by a lady on the same estate as me telling me her windy has quit as there was not enough money in it for him, he was well equppied sign written van wfp etc.

Between her and her friends it was an extra 10 customers and asked if id like them to which I obviously said yes. She also said would I honour the prices as if I started putting them up the people probably wont want me, again I replied yes as she told me what he was doing her house for which is what I would have quoted. One upstairs one downstairs at the front and two up one down at the back.

She gave me the other peoples addresses and what he was charging and ive just started them today....HOLY SH1T!!!

Her next door neighbour who has had an extension which means she has 4 at the front one at the side and 5 windows and french doors at the back he was charging £6!!!!

Last one ive done he was charging a tenner for has 6 at the front with a glass porch and 5 at the back with a huge conservatory!!!!

Ive done over two hours of work for 28 quid.

Any suggestions

Just have word and say when you agreed with original woman above nt putting prices up u realise thy we're what thy are. Lesson learnt here mate never agree to price or except work without knowing what ur up against

Mate put the prices up, if you loose them don't worry about it you didn't really have them to start with, I wouldn't slog my **** off for 2 hours for £28

yeah sound like they want something for nothing, tell them the job sare under quoted and you cant make it pay, at those prices. If they want to continue using your service, you will have to agree a more realistic price. If they are decent enough customers then they will be fine, if not then, they wont be any good to you in the long run anyway, cost go up that's life, unfortunately.

I did exactly the same thing 6 months ago. After the 1st clean I put all 11 up by £2 and had no probs. in fact they all said to me they thought the other guy was to cheap. Like the chaps said if I lost some or all of them I had nothing to lose.

Well put the prices up ! If you lose them nothing lost if you retain them Bonus .
Best thing I've read all day!

It makes sense and I agree with it.

Don't fart around, just put them up.

Tell them you were only earning £14 an hour, and it's not worth it.

When they say that's a good wage, say it would be after tax and if I didn't have to run a business on it.

Back