I now have to tether all my tools when at height - any ideas for a supplier?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Chris Adams, Jun 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris Adams

Chris Adams Newcomer

Hello Guys

We are a sub-contactor to some of the major FM contactors in London - doing a lot of work from baskets - they are now telling us that we have to tether all our tools, to prevent them dropping. Any ideas for a good supplier of this stuff?

Chris

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

sorry dont know but welcome Chris Adams
    maybe a case of drilling a hole in your handles and make up tethers yourself?

3. Chris Adams

Chris Adams Newcomer

Thanks Norm - this seems like a really useful forum.

I have actually just contacted the guys at NLG (www.neverletgo.uk) - they do a good range of tool tethers and tool lanyards. They are really helpful. But if anyone knows of any other companies that do it please let me know...

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. Chris Adams

Chris Adams Newcomer

Thanks Smurf - they do look good. Only problem I have is that I dont want to go putting holes in some of my tools to accommodate a tool lanyard. There is quite a clever little gadget (http://neverletgo.uk/python-quick-spin-adaptor) that they told me about at NLG - it means you don't have to put holes in your tools and, the lanyard wont twist becasue the little black bracket on the top spins. Thanks for your help though - definitely a cheaper option that you put forward, will trial them and see what works best...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

7. Chris Adams

Chris Adams Newcomer

Thanks Bingo

This is helpful - I have tried working with Arco before and didnt get on well:mad: plus they are expensive compared to nlg - I did a direct comparison on the wrist lanyards and NLG come out about 35% cheaper (NLG and arco) they sell for £1.90 - rather than Arco at £2.50 for exactly the same product, as far as i can tell? Yep - I guess you guys can tell I have become an NLG evangelist:) - but so would you if you spoke to them - they are seriously helpful!!

The Unger option looks good - but again a lot more expensive that NLG!

Cheers - Chris

Advertisement