Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Broken control valve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Arnold2408

Hi

When I bought my gardiner pole it came with a push fit control valve. Having only converted to WFP in April the valve has proved invaluable and I use it non stop all day. Problem is it only lasted one month before the tap you turn snapped in half.

Has anyone else found these taps a bit delicate?

Gardiners thought about replacing it when i called them but because I admitted to dragging it about a bit they decided not to.

Don't see how you can have it in your hand at all times but maybe thats cause im new and my hose is all over the place.

Any suggestions for something similar thats a bit more robust as i dont want to be buying a new one every month or so ?

Two of these, one either side of the tap should help /emoticons/smile.png

pro2bigcs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh sometimes the truth isnt the best course....i mean when i dropped my pole onto the grass and the brush snapped off i didnt acutally tell him that i did that ...yes i know i should be more careful but at the end of the day the plastic thread wasnt up to the job and since he has replaced it in ali...and i got a new pole for being a fibber.../emoticons/smile.png

I got the Gardiner tap too & I taped mine to the pole with duct tape (gonna use hockey tape next time for smoothness) & it's been fine.

Erm, this tap thing. I have one on my hose, but I never use it.... Should I be?

I only use the pole hose I got with the pole atatched to a backpack on a trolley - I leave the water on a low flow constantly and just move from window to window, I don't see the point in turning it off - if I need to move the backpack I just turn the backpack off. Is this tap just for people who have van mounted systems and are too far away to warrant going back to the van to turn it off or should I be stopping the flow when doing the frames? *confused*

If you're happy not using a tap @Cleanz, carry on the way you are? With a van mount, you can be up to 100m away from the controller, so you need a tap of some kind in those situations I find, especially if you can't kink the flow off.

Yeah I'm all good mate just wondered what everyone else does, I just didn't not want to use it for then x- amount of years down the line find out I should have been using it /emoticons/smile.png

HiWhen I bought my gardiner pole it came with a push fit control valve. Having only converted to WFP in April the valve has proved invaluable and I use it non stop all day. Problem is it only lasted one month before the tap you turn snapped in half.

Has anyone else found these taps a bit delicate?

Gardiners thought about replacing it when i called them but because I admitted to dragging it about a bit they decided not to.

Don't see how you can have it in your hand at all times but maybe thats cause im new and my hose is all over the place.

Any suggestions for something similar thats a bit more robust as i dont want to be buying a new one every month or so ?
i never cared about it - always on the ground , dragging stepping over etc : )

Get a holster. It attaches to your belt so u pull hose from your waste. Never needs to touch ground. Looks proffesional too!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Back