Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I quit for today!

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Waited till lunch to go out managed a couple lovely and sunny here but cold.

Any windows in the shade water freezes on them grrrr. Customer ok told them they should once frost goes will be fine but if not will do them again.

Had to spread a load of salt as well as created a skating rink on their patio.

Damn you jack frost!

I told a custy that yesterday. Went back to check today and where it had frozen it had left marks so re-did it today. Would be worth checking tomorow. Also today in my bucket I had screenwash and 2 capfuls of anti freeze and never got 1 frozen window. I was either lucky or it worked!!!

Sucks /emoticons/wink.png

I had to spend 2 hours hair drying my poles in doors. Was fantastic... not

Hope this weather goes away soon.

James.

all of my pipe work was frozen solid it took me 30 mins to get the ice out before i could start working.

How do you stop the pumps and pipe work from freezing?
Unless you have a heated system fitted.. its pretty hard not to stop this from happening. Unless you move it indoors there's not much else you can do.

Wrapping it up doesn't seem to work from my experience.

I'm currently looking into heated system and they are quite expensive /emoticons/unsure.png

James.

I put an oil filled radiator in my van over***ht and have not really lost any work at all this week. It works a treat.

Matt

I put an oil filled radiator in my van over***ht and have not really lost any work at all this week. It works a treat.

Matt
oil filled radiator? can you link it on the net buddy?

James.

Back