Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Micro bore as pole hose?

SPCleaning

Anyone ever tried it? I really hate the tubing that cames with my SLX's. I really hate it. My replacement hose choice would be Streamline Lite-5. It is available and not expensive, but I have just bought a new 100 metre roll of microbore and a new reel, so I have 100 metres of old microbore hose sitting in my shed.

So thought I might cut a length and attach it as pole hose and see if it works.

I use 6mm reel hose up-through the pole instead of pole hose :thumbsup:.....

....and it's great, don't notice any weight difference :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

I use 6mm reel hose up-through the pole instead of pole hose :thumbsup:.....
....and it's great, don't notice any weight difference :thumbsup::thumbsup:.
Cheers Bingo. I will give it a try tomorrow. (when its not blowing a gale and throwing hail at me)

Anyone ever tried it? I really hate the tubing that cames with my SLX's. I really hate it. My replacement hose choice would be Streamline Lite-5. It is available and not expensive, but I have just bought a new 100 metre roll of microbore and a new reel, so I have 100 metres of old microbore hose sitting in my shed.
So thought I might cut a length and attach it as pole hose and see if it works.
Is that Streamline Lite-5 hose usable with JG connectors? I had the green Unger hose on an Unger pole that looks similar on the outside. When the hose was on it was on for life as it was connected to a Vikan via a barbed 'Y' piece.

Is that Streamline Lite-5 hose usable with JG connectors? I had the green Unger hose on an Unger pole that looks similar on the outside. When the hose was on it was on for life as it was connected to a Vikan via a barbed 'Y' piece.
In the past I only fitted it with a barbed 'Y' so have not tried it with JG fittings.

Using microbore does make quite a difference in weight compare to using pole hose. It's ok for normal windows but when it comes awkward windows you really feel it

I work in the opposite way... Aqua-dapter pole hose in one huge, continuous length from connection at top of the pole down to the connection at the centre of my reel.

I couldn't imagine working with thick, heavy hose again!

Another added bonus is no leaky connectors... win, win! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I work in the opposite way... Aqua-dapter pole hose in one huge, continuous length from connection at top of the pole down to the connection at the centre of my reel.I couldn't imagine working with thick, heavy hose again!

Another added bonus is no leaky connectors... win, win! /emoticons/biggrin.png
I like the aquadaptor pole hose. I have some of the orange hose. It is much nicer than any of the pvc hose.

Latest Posts

Back