Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FLAT BELOW NON CUSTOMER

WCF

Help Support WCF:

blaze

I had one of my customers call me the other night to say the guy in the upstairs flat next door to her wanted his windows cleaned every 6 weeks so i cleans his windows using wfp gets paid then the woman in the ground floor flat below sticks her head out the door and says you guna sort mine out now then i reply out of courtesy i have rinsed yours down and brushed you sills off to remove any muck from above i told her they will be fine once dry as they were quite clean before i started anyway she said no are you going to clean them properly i say yes if you are going to pay me no chance she says not going to get cleaned then i says i could tell from the second she opened her mouth she was a rite piece of work then the bloke above her was telling me that they have been at loggerheads since she moved in two years ago laugh of it all is the guy in the flat above told me that unbeknown to her he is buying the flat below from a old school friend and its a done deal so next time i go there he will be her new land lord anyway the question is what would you of done in the same situation.

I had one of my customers call me the other night to say the guy in the upstairs flat next door to her wanted his windows cleaned every 6 weeks so i cleans his windows using wfp gets paid then the woman in the ground floor flat below sticks her head out the door and says you guna sort mine out now then i reply out of courtesy i have rinsed yours down and brushed you sills off to remove any muck from above i told her they will be fine once dry as they were quite clean before i started anyway she said no are you going to clean them properly i say yes if you are going to pay me no chance she says not going to get cleaned then i says i could tell from the second she opened her mouth she was a rite piece of work then the bloke above her was telling me that they have been at loggerheads since she moved in two years ago laugh of it all is the guy in the flat above told me that unbeknown to her he is buying the flat below from a old school friend and its a done deal so next time i go there he will be her new land lord anyway the question is what would you of done in the same situation.
Cleaned half of each window pane.

It will be the lower part of the window that gets wet in my experience.

With most of the flats I have I put the brush over the glass and sills of the lower flats but don't touch the frames. It only takes a few minutes of my life. We don't bother with a couple of lower floor flats where the windows are extremely dirty - never been cleaned for years.

And yes, you are cleaning the windows properly for her.

Life is too short to let these types of people ruin your mood. They are the type of people who enjoy making the lives of others a misery. It gives them a feeling of power.

-

Had something similar with a German woman who bought the flat under one I've cleaned for years. Previous fella had no problem but when she took over she was a nightmare. I offered to leave a note each time I called with my next due date so she would know not to clean them right before I was due, but she was having none of it. I could not get her to see that what she was basically saying was that though she could clean hers, the people upstairs couldn't have theirs done as it would spill water on hers even if done traditionally. Where's the fairness in that? If you choose to live in a flat you have to show consideration for your neighbours. She then insisted I wipe the water off her windows. I initially refused but then thought I can comply with that, I'm just not going to clean them as well. That seemed to do the trick. According to the old couple who live upstairs she has been a nightmare over a lot of things, even causing them to have to pay for repairs to the roof because she had mould in her downstairs flat. The fact that they didn't have a mould problem didn't come into it. She even tried to get them to pay half of a plumbing bill due to a leaky pipe in her kitchen

Hi have the exact situation every 6 week and the old lady in the ground floor flat always stands in her window pointing at any water drips I have made when I clean the flat above hers.she ****** me right off but love to see her face when I'm getting my hose wrapped around her shifty garden ornaments and poundworld solar lights lol. The first time I offered to dry her windows off but she was awkward so just leave them now .

Plough on caryy ur grad belt wen done squeeze bottom ones dries After all it's jus the bottom of glass. Takes a minute. Always faction this in wen pricing up

Laughed at her and walked off would of been my response.

Only had this issue once, with a so called local "hard man" with a bull terrier on a chain as big as on a ship round its neck.

I took of my shirt and walked towards him scowling.

He never had an issue after that.

The old boy across the way was watching and came out ******* himself, apparently the guy is a right problem in the area and he loved watching me make him look a ****.

I'm a big teddy bear I really am, wouldn't ever cause a problem, but I look pretty intimidating and will stand up for myself if need be.

Even my best friends are wary of me after bloody years, no idea why? I don't really get it tbh, but even my wife says men are wary of me?

Poor me /emoticons/sad.png

i have a few like this in town my m8 is a vigina he will wipe them off after i just sneek in :ninja: and sneek out leve water every were im not cleaning windows for free :rolleyes:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back