I Went In To A New Greggs At A Leisuire Park And Asked For Manager :)

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by harunh, Aug 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Asked a staff for manager... and he goes yeah shes their.. the women looked at me and said 2 mins..

their was 2 customers in their... i was stood a bit far from them and i go hiya their i wanted to ask you regarding window cleaning at the premises :) do you currently havea window cleaner ? She goes oh yeah we doo...

then thats it..

firs time i canvassed a commercial ever !

But this was at 7pm..

My question is...

How would u canvass commercial during the day when their all busy ? say example a hairdressers... udont want to interrupt them while their putting dye in someones hair or something

lol

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I clean a hair dressers, I charge a hair cut every 2 weeks lol. Only a big window and a door. Hes a turckish barber so I get a free turckish shave now and again

3. me5380

me5380 Member

its always hard getting to talk to the people that matter when it comes to commercial,the best way for this is networking events in your area ,most of them have breakfast meetings etc also try hairdressing forum etc,if you are on twitter you can do a bit on there

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Lol hmmm

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

H dont do twitter

6. Paul

Paul Guest

thats all H ever does is Twitter ON lol

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

lol

8. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

Twitter? Is the the bit of skin on a woman between the tw@t and *******?

Sorry! :ph34r:

9. Masons

Masons Guru

I walked into a hairdressers at approx. 2pm the other day.

I said "would you like a free quote?"

He says "Yeah pal go on then... " (no obligation means they might aswell check their options)

I gave him a quote and a business card, and told him he can ring me anytime to arrange the clean.

He rang yesterday.

I cleaned today.

£6.50 tip from first clean.

I'm awesome, truly awesome, he had all the staff outside looking at my handywork.

Bish. Bash. Bosh.

10. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

Dude,

Doing commercial canvessing is all about how you approach it and what questions you asked.

Never ask questions like, have you got a window cleaner. All they can say is yes or no. If they say no, its conversation over.

So, the chances are, they do have a window cleaner already...... So all you can do it discuss their requirement, which is going to be small really.
    Generally what you want to be doing for any commerical work is offering them a quote. Thats a lot different to saying have you got a window cleaner. If you offer them a quote..... even if they have got a WC they might still take your quote.

TBH, whats the most your going to get out of a greggs? Fiver and a pasty? Unless you really like their food i wouldnt bother mate. Go for slightly bigger premises.

The more work there is the more chance you have of making a difference on price. If you walk into somewhere thats currently spending £100 a month and you offer £80 to do it..... they'll sit up and listen. If you offer Greggs £6 a go and they currently pay £7..... whats the point in them switching its nowt.....

So its actually easier to get into bigger work.

The reel beauties are when you hit somone who is spending say £300 a month...... then you have got a massive room for negotiation.

Remember mate, you can compete with the biggest window cleaning co in your city. The advantage you have is your overhead will be tiny compared to the big boys..... but as far as the customer is concerned they dont care how big you are..... they just want their windows cleaning.

The biggest cleaning co in sheffield prob has 20men kitted out in Vans..... so their overheads are massive ans so are their costs.... As such as soon as i find out sites that they're working on.... I know i can compete as my overheads as a small business are tiny!

Think big H.

Advertisement