Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Would You Do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

A new customer who I canvassed. We agree that payment will be by BACS. First clean done, no payment. Reminder put through door. Still no payment. Second clean done, no payment. Reminder put through door. Knock on and catch her home. Oh just been in Mexico for 3 weeks. AND! Two weeks after reminder she texts saying she has paid outstanding bill. Also asks when I'm due next as 4 weekly is to frequent. Probs wants to go on 8 weekly. It's an 8 quid job, very handy as I do next door too, but......

I know what I'm going to do, but what would you do? Dump or carry on?

You do the neighbour so may aswell keep it to keep that job from being awkward. She paid up, eventually, tell her you can't be chasing again tho or she can jog on, though she was in mexico for 3 weeks, just tell her she has to be on whatever the neighbour is on as thats the only frequency you do. If she don't likey, she don't getty :thumbsup:

I would get rid of that customer, is it really worth being messed about for £48 per year.

If you wonna keep her up the price if it goes 8 weekly.

But sounds like a pss taker to me id ding her

yep dearer than the neighbour...

I had one who had ten emails...yes ten back and forth to go and do his new house...

it was one up at the front and two up at the back that was it...

so I said £6 but £5 normally...

oh yes he said just post your bank details through the door...

still waiting..

am going to keep calling when ever I pass..

want to see that fit wife in the negligee who answered the door again any way but ten emails and then doesnt bother any more..mad..

neighbour near by cleaned but never made any future arrangement...

good job Im busy..she turned out to be the cleaner there whos windows I cleaned today..small world..

2 cleans is my max with out payment, you cant really let it go more than that, imagine going to Tesco and buying a sandwich then saying to the cashier I will pay later. (I don't think so).

yep I run to that too but only as long as they are a known long time custy..

I have a classic at the mo..

moved into a house on a busy main road..

can you do it two weekly...oh yep..

but...not paid from last time yet...er...

im not in a rush..../emoticons/biggrin.png

only got one so far on direct debit....I want em all like that...

money in windows cleaned...no messin./emoticons/biggrin.png

They don't get a second clean if not paid for the first

Not zipped up the back as duncs would say

A couple of custies out of my whole round would get away with it but they are 2 weekly and paid monthly so always settle up payday which is ok as i know that is what the score is

If you had a garage you wouldn't fix someones car who hadn't settled the last bill

I know it's only a few quid and a few weeks but it is the whole principal of it for me

Two cleans my max too apart from vip's. Can't be messed around on payments! I say that, I get messed around all the time it seems. One of my current custys, who I'm now very friendly with but started not so friendly.when she asked me to clean her windows she asked if I would txt in advance of collecting so I'd txt. But she somehow managed to be out every time I'd go round wasting my sodding time. Had row over the phone! She said she'd drop it round my house. Gave her my address, clear directions. No.24 Skip + my car on the drive...No money turned up! Nother row on the phone. said she'd posted it through the letterbox. Accused me of calling her a lier. She drove round again to have it out. When I answered the door she looked rather sheepish. Turns out she posted it in house opposite. I laughed :rofl:

I love the inder the plant pot/door mat types

Makes life much easier

And easier for tax purposes if not paypal'd straight into my bank for hmrc to see

You get the ones that are good as gold, always leave the money. Just wish there were more of them.

i had this one a while ago i canvassed said sher pay paypal

done 2 cleans sent them thru nothig from her tried calling nothing

3rd clean missed i text her said could i call out tuesday for collection

landed she said she pay on paypal i said id save her the hassle lol then she said it was only meant to be 8 weekly

she said so thats me paid for the next clean i said how ?? she saidd has she asked for 8 weekly i wasnt meant to come the last time

yea thats no problem i said then text when she was due said could she leave the money out then she text back saying it was paid i text back sayin 8 weekly is double /emoticons/tongue.png she didnt text back end of ****

Like you say it's next door to one you already do..... So

I'd up the price and carry on as normal really but she falls down the priority/special treatment/looked after list. Just one you'll do if you fancy it :)

Treat her as a maybe custie

A new customer who I canvassed. We agree that payment will be by BACS. First clean done, no payment. Reminder put through door. Still no payment. Second clean done, no payment. Reminder put through door. Knock on and catch her home. Oh just been in Mexico for 3 weeks. AND! Two weeks after reminder she texts saying she has paid outstanding bill. Also asks when I'm due next as 4 weekly is to frequent. Probs wants to go on 8 weekly. It's an 8 quid job, very handy as I do next door too, but......
I know what I'm going to do, but what would you do? Dump or carry on?
If its convenient, then turn the 8 into a 10 or 12 as they will be dirtier each time and keep it for as long as it stays convenient.

cant stop laughing at that peter rogers...

yep benji rixon exactly what I did to one for ages...

its okay now as she has a new man and he pays great...hopefully keep catching him..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back