IBC hose and pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by trevor peacock, Feb 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. trevor peacock

trevor peacock Active Member

I was going down the submersible pump road to transfer my water to my van, but now i've got the ibc I'm wondering if it would be better to use the external outlet, I've found the adapter, hose and nozzle no problem but I'll need a pump of some sort to get the water up into my van, anyone got any idea's ??

Advertisement
  2. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

You cant go wrong with a submersible pump mate. I can pump 400L from my 1000L ibc tank into my van in about 5 minutes. If you fit a handle with a trigger ( like petrol pumps have,) its really easy filling 25L barrels as well

3. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

I got a sip submersible pump from www.toolstaion.com sub pumps can be bought from Screwfix or Machine Mart for about £40-50 just depends on how many litres per min you wish to transfer .

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I bought a pond pump that just fits in the lid of an IBC without having to cut holes etc. about £30 for 3000 lph. Not as fast as the submersible but still pretty quick at 50 lpm. So to fill a 350 l tank would take 7 min. I use 25 litre barrels and i could do with a tap or petrol pump trigger because it fills so quick.

3000 L/H Pond Pump - All Pond Solutions

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Hi Steve. Do you have a link to the trigger you have.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Bit of a technophobe, don't know how you do the links. I got it from Varitech, it goes with the ribbed plastic green hose

7. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. Will take a look on their site.

Advertisement