Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC Units

WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

TrustwayUK

I’m a non-traditional window cleaner and use a simple water fed pole system pumped from 8x 25L water containers. I’ve been recommended to get hold of an IBC to prepare my water in before it goes in my tank. 

Whats the cheapest way to insulate and store an IBC?

Ibc only cost around £40-60 it is finding somewhere local to avoid a high delivery charge that is the problem

I wouldn't insulate it..but i would cover it with a tarp or dark plastic sheeting to avoid algae growth

I use a large keter storage cupboard as it's more pleasing to the eye to hide my Ibc tank, Used to have two 200l waterbutts linked together in a smaller keter cupboard but couldn't use my auto shutoff valve with that set up so decided to get an Ibc which holds more water and and is now more automated. 

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

Thanks for all the input.

I think I’ll keep a look out for a storage unit like Den’s there, so that’s very helpful.

Do you insulate it too or just leave it as it is within the container?

Last edited:
No need to insulate but I do insulate my little meter cabinet with ro inside with 2" insulation on inside of cabinet and also the same on the outside in winter months.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's cold enough to freeze your water then you're probably not going to be working anyways.

I have a 600ltr ibc with tap sat in back garden if you want it.

I also have a 1000 ltr that's in use. I wrapped with a tarp or 2 then shrink wrapped to keep sun out. 

it would need to be a hell of a frost to freeze an ibc full of water.

Back