Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Hate First Cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shaun1977

Havent had the best of days today with all the new work does my head in a bit but need to look at the bigger picture few months down road it will be pulling me in a very tidy income

tell me about it mate all my customers at the moment are first cleans and i hate them but i have got a few coming up in 2 weeks that are 2nd cleans so should be a breeze and i will go through them easily .

You could try dipping your brush in a solution of ecover, bit of soap helps shift the dirt a bit easier

Havent had the best of days today with all the new work does my head in a bit but need to look at the bigger picture few months down road it will be pulling me in a very tidy income
yes

i have to agree with chip i also put some ecover on the brush and if there really bad il put some ubix 2000 on the brush or viro sol whatever you use and its a great help

I hate how long it takes but I love the customers reaction when I'm done, plus about 80 percent of them tip me very well.

My longest first clean todate was 4hrs, I was so pleased when I finished, second clean took 1hr and I recon I could save another 10/15 mins with a backpack.

I done 2nd cleans today... and it was so much faster and easier /emoticons/smile.png Im picking up so much speed now /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Always take your time with a first clean customers think you are fantastic .... :rolleyes:

Always take your time with a first clean customers think you are fantastic .... /emoticons/tongue.png
Thats so true my motto is "you never get a second chance to make a first impression".

First cleans always going to be the longest, cleaned lodes of customers windows for the first time that aint been cleaned for 5+ years! But after doing a real good clean theyre much easier for next time /emoticons/smile.png

always charge at least double for a first clean, I always class them as one off cleans because there is a lot out there who just want it done one a year and if they dont agree with the price then they get no clean.

Back