Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Identify this patio

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Underpressure

Hi everyone, new to this..
Can any one help identify this patio please. I don’t know if it’s granite or what no idea.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    818.1 KB · Views: 2
Yep. Cheap concrete slabs. Warn the client that most of that pointing is going to come out when you clean by the look of it. Good opportunity to price for a resto if you’re up for it but either way tell them in case they aren’t aware.

Yep. Cheap concrete slabs. Warn the client that most of that pointing is going to come out when you clean by the look of it. Good opportunity to price for a resto if you’re up for it but either way tell them in case they aren’t aware.
Thanks yeah was concrete I was going off a picture and wanted to be sure I didn’t put hypo on limestone or something. I’ did warn the client the pointing was bad but in the end only lost a little bit Here’s the result

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpeg
    IMG_0932.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Hi everyone, new to this..
Can any one help identify this patio please. I don’t know if it’s granite or what no idea.
Thanks
If you are unable to identify what concrete looks like I'd suggest spending more time doing research and improving upon your knowledge, familiarisation skills and ability to succeed and become independent within this industry.

Sorry for sounding blunt but I don't understand this ask a forum culture
It's a lazy cop out for not trying to be self sufficient

You'll spend forever trying to piece together a quote if you don't know what's what

To be fair these days the internet, including forums are part of the research. No issue with taking shortcuts. Arguably most information is out there and a quick Google will make asking almost anything on this or any forum a bit pointless because it’s easy to find. In fact Google is probably better as you’ll get a range of information and replies rather than the knowledge or opinion of the tiny handful of people who answer virtually everything on your typical forum.

It’s easier just to not answer if for any reason a poster’s question frustrates.

If you are unable to identify what concrete looks like I'd suggest spending more time doing research and improving upon your knowledge, familiarisation skills and ability to succeed and become independent within this industry.

Sorry for sounding blunt but I don't understand this ask a forum culture
It's a lazy cop out for not trying to be self sufficient

You'll spend forever trying to piece together a quote if you don't know what's what
Your right should be able to spot concrete a mile away going on the pureseal course soon. Thanks for the advice, but isn’t this forum meant for this kind of thing? I’m New to the industry thought I’d ask veterans.

Your right should be able to spot concrete a mile away going on the pureseal course soon. Thanks for the advice, but isn’t this forum meant for this kind of thing? I’m New to the industry thought I’d ask veterans.
Okay, I'll put my head on the block

From my personal experience of starting out there was no Internet, websites or forums. I started out young and did 5 years before I went to work for the MOD for 12 years until an injury made me revert back to cleaning to which I've done ever since.

The big issue in today's society is that no one wants to take risks, risks that are costly, time wasting or non profitable. I made but big errors when I started out and learnt from my mistakes and adapted my skills to ensure the way I operated was profitable, efficient and easier.

One vital thing to consider & remember is that by asking certain questions you are still responsible & accountable. Just because you've asked a forum the blame doesn't shift to us if you mess up, break something, stain something, kill something or someone or poison anything.

If those continue to ask forum members for help every step along the way into starting a business they are technically not learning anything or doing the vital groundwork that's required to become a successful exterior cleaner and we the ones who constantly answer the questions are giving away decades of hard work for no reward.

My best advice for anyone wanting to enter the industry is to go and work for a successful company for a minimum of 2 years and get hands on real knowledge and a practical advantage.

I come on here to try and help others with my knowledge but time and time again you get someone who's absolutely desperate because they are sat in their van on their driveway at home and their system doesn't work. They fire off one simple question and wait. Many then assist them with the quick and easy fix solution however that person is never to be seen again and no thank you!

yet again, Years of hard work, problem solving and graft given away.

I'd also recommend asking goggle or your preferred web browser the same question before using the forum and seeing what pops up. You may be surprised by what resources are available and pages that can be book marked for future reference.

I'm not a nasty or horrible person. I never had any help growing up with dyslexia. I had to use all of my resources to get the help I needed. School was a waste of my time and I gained more in life from the school of hard knocks

Prime examples of slab identification

Apologies if I've offended anyone or been too honest with my views and opinions.

From my personal experience of starting out there was no Internet, websites or forums. I started out young and did 5 years before I went to work for the MOD for 12 years until an injury made me revert back to cleaning to which I've done ever since.

The big issue in today's society is that no one wants to take risks, risks that are costly, time wasting or non profitable. I made but big errors when I started out and learnt from my mistakes and adapted my skills to ensure the way I operated was profitable, efficient and easier.

One vital thing to consider & remember is that by asking certain questions you are still responsible & accountable. Just because you've asked a forum the blame doesn't shift to us if you mess up, break something, stain something, kill something or someone or poison anything.

If those continue to ask forum members for help every step along the way into starting a business they are technically not learning anything or doing the vital groundwork that's required to become a successful exterior cleaner and we the ones who constantly answer the questions are giving away decades of hard work for no reward.

My best advice for anyone wanting to enter the industry is to go and work for a successful company for a minimum of 2 years and get hands on real knowledge and a practical advantage.

I come on here to try and help others with my knowledge but time and time again you get someone who's absolutely desperate because they are sat in their van on their driveway at home and their system doesn't work. They fire off one simple question and wait. Many then assist them with the quick and easy fix solution however that person is never to be seen again and no thank you!

I'd also recommend asking goggle or your preferred web browser the same question before using the forum and seeing what pops up. You may be surprised by what resources are available and pages that can be book marked for future reference.

I'm not a nasty or horrible person. I never had any help growing up with dyslexia. I had to use all of my resources to get the help I needed. School was a waste of my time and I gained more in life from the school of hard knocks

Apologies if I've offended anyone or been too honest with my views and opinions.
Jesus.. how did your divorce go? Mate stay off the internet if you hate it that much.

Just to be clear my reply wasn’t directing any criticism towards you but to a general tendency on forums for people to be criticised for asking questions or not using the search function.

It’s like any sort of ‘giving’. Do it because it’s a nice thing to do and not to expect gratitude thanks or admiration. The alternative will just annoy you. Literally nobody is forced to answer questions on here as far as I’m aware.

Back