If only tricast did poles!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Eviestevie, Jan 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

If your big into fishing like me you will no what I'm on about
    I own a tricast trilogy 16metre pole it's made from the highest grade carbon they use on aerospace parts cost me £2500
    It's as straight as a arrow and the strength is unreal

I know it's off topic but do you think any off the big fishing companies will start producing wfp?????

Advertisement
  2. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Widow Cleaners were using Carbon Fishing Poles such as Ron Thompson (Zensorflex...Gangster) Poles as WFP's years ago.

Even Mr. Alex Gardiner bought and modified a Carbon Fishing Pole for his dad to use as a WFP.....which led to Alex developing the Carbon Super-Lite range of poles.

3. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

16mtr £2500. WOW your into fishing. Imagine how much a 25ft WFP would cost. I am guessing a fishing rod is way thinner than a WFP. They don't have anything on the end. If you put a brush on the end, how much would it bend?

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Fishing pole sections taper towards the tip
    The bottom sections are very stiff and strong
    They don't flex like fishing rods as all the shock absorption comes from the elastic in the tip sectons

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Many users found modular carbon wfp were a pain in the **** to keep having to put them together and split down. That is the main reason why most wfp’s are telescopic now for speed of use unlike modular poles that could also get damaged easily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

cheap poles flex towards the tip, top of the range poles have a progressive action all the way throught the pole!my pole bends double!hence the price tag!maver have a reglass technology and I no Phil might have to put it to him as I'm sure they could produce pole cheaper due to the massive demand for there poles!

Only reason ever time I go fishing I think to myself if only my wfp felt as light and as good as this

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Ron Thompson and the other poles are total budget poles even being 11m they probably similar grade carbon to most top end poles

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

:) Ended up leaving them half assembled and stored in the van that way. I could never assemble them quickly like my son could. But they were light and rigid and got us weaned of Unger Teleplus Ali poles with oval Vikans..

Still got a set in the garage and I still have a modified new Bentley brush somewhere. We used to trim the center bristles shorter to make a flocked dual trim brush. Those were the days.

Thank goodness that Alex brought telescopic carbon fiber poles to the masses and some decent light weight cleaning brushes.

9. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

I did say 'years ago' :rolleyes:.

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

hi m8 im in to fishing i have a map parabolix sti 16m im jell lol ide luv to own a triligy very nce pole indeed

Advertisement