If you could start a round anywhere where would it be?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Guybrush, May 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Hi Guys,

The average paid for a property where I am is 629k no typo there and i'm in-between Hounslow and Twickenham so not exactly footballer pad territory.

My rents been put up again and If I don't relocate I will never be able to own (i get the whole not needing to own thing too) so i'm giving myself one year and need to do it while I don't have kids. Looked at the west country been down there camping/holidays and love it that way but how hard would it be building a round 'out in the sticks' say Taunton for example. does anyone have any experience of this as it is a life changing move i'm looking to make?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Go for it! I nearly moved to Cornwall a few years back, I chickened out :(. I'm moving house this summer to the sticks, I'll be looking to gain a bit of work there so I can offload some work where I live now.

You only live once fella.

3. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Cornwall now thats a beautiful part of the world. I know theres windies everywhere but do you think you could make a good round there and was that one of the things that put you off Tuffers? for me it's not a question of if, its a question of where. Yep lifes too short and time goes dam quick I know that more than ever doing this job, 'what another 6 weeks gone blimey'

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What put me off? The mother in law putting the water works on saying she'll never see her grand kids :rolleyes:

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

My dad moved from Peckham to perranporth in Cornwall 14 years ago. He says its a lovely place if your retired like him, but its not a place in his opinion for a career as there is a lot of poverty there. I go down there every year, sometimes twice, its a stunning place, only spoilt by the Cornish people, who I.m.o, are the most miserable people on planet earth. Night night fellow windies :)

6. TolishAPurd

Lake District, but only when the sun's out. A tacky seaside town like Hunstanton would be good too. I very nearly bought a very small 2 day round being sold there a year or so back, including wfp trailer. The aim was to commute there and camp in the van for two nights while doing the round in the day. Kind of wish I had went through with it now.

7. Markyboy 50

U shoulda done mate. Sounds a good idea

8. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Bora bora be nice we round. Customise a jet ski to get u from b to a

9. TolishAPurd

Yep, I like camping and roughing it and a bit of time away from the Mrs makes the heart fonder as hey say. Not sure what swayed me away from it in the end, but I probably just took the easy route and concentrated on my local round. It's a terrible thing being settled.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I will at some point in my life move to the south coast somewhere
    My father in law is pretty much the only reason i am still here as the wife won't move away while he is still here since we lost my mother in law 5 years ago

Advertisement