If You Were To Advise a Teenager With Hardly Any Qualifications...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Jul 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

...what would you advise them to do work wise?

Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I'd advise they do some aptitude tests which might help point the way.

Perhaps armed forces or apprenticeship building industry or healthcare

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

would advise to get into an aprenticeship something worthwile like welding then they can go onto do underwatwer welding etc

4. TolishAPurd

If they were academic i would point them towards IT, Law, or Medicine.And if they were the more practical type, I would say go get a trade; Plumbing, Sparky, Chippy etc, although advise them into something thats not going to mess up thier body too much like plastering, or carpet fitting.

As mentioned above, I don't think the armed forces is ever a bad thing, although I would steer him towards something that translates to a job outside in civvy street like engineer, comms technician etc, as opposed to infantry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#5 boarcity, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
    aircon or refrigeration, get on a college course in it and work as a lackey at the same time in an aircon refurb shop

i looked into doing this trade myself jus before i took up as a windie [ id jus ceased being a car mechanic after many yrs ] and theres good courses in it or was at the time . but i decided it was too similar to mechanics id probably hate doin it within 2 yrs and the night time callouts would suit a youngster but not me now

6. Find out what they don't hate doing.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Interesting that no one has mentioned window cleaning.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Jacob

Jacob Guest

If he like motor engines and feeling of freedom (most teenagers do i belive) then truck driving might be him. nothing better than that power and weight under your foot, exept for a perfect clean window lol

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Agree with the I.T career if they were handy with computers, loads of money in marketing and it these days,

Other than that, an apprenticeship in a skilled trade.

10. Alien Human

Would do a lot of listening......and try to only advise when asked or it's appropriate within the context of the conversation.

Easier said than done :)

Advertisement