I'm a Numpty!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Sep 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Two stories that'll make you chuckle at my expense.

Last week I cleaned my own windows and decided that I'd use a different brush. So, I take the brush off the pole and leave it on the roof of my van and use another brush. Get to my first house the next morning to find that I'd left the other brush on the pole. So I take a look in the back of the van and my original brush is nowhere to be seen. I look up and see it sat on the roof. Nothing strange about that but I'd driven 40 miles with most of it motorway with it sat there :confused:

Yesterday I was cleaning houses on a new development. I was cleaning on both sides of the street so I put my safety cone out to warn people of the trailing hose. Today I was cleaning in a development of 9 houses. I always put my cone out. I pull up and find my cone is missing from the back of the van. I retrace my footsteps and realise the last time I used it was yesterday. I was in the same town so I packed my gear up and drove to yesterday's work. Yep!!!! There was my cone still sat on the pavement along with a little bit of dog wee next to it :D

What a numpty :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

You silly sausage

3. Cookie

Cookie Member

I'm sure this sort of thing happens to all of us. Recently I have:

Driven off without securing my ladders to the van - amazingly they stayed on after having driven a couple of miles!
    Filled up my van tank with resin because I fitted the DI vessel round the wrong way.

4. Another Clean Window

I wondered what would happen if you did that, I put arrows on my di and the fittings that connect to it just in case, glad I did now

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

5. Cookie

Cookie Member

Yes it was right pain - I had to move the tank out of the van & hose out the inside.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I used my ladders to do a conny roof
    The customer pulled up when i had 1 clamp on
    I put the other on the floor while i was talking to her
    Said goodbye and then drove over my own rhino clamp and broke the handle off

7. Markyboy 50

When I had my old astra van which had a tailgate, I had my long ladder on. I usually gave it a shove forward before opening the tailgate. This time however I hadn't tied it on yet. Good ole shrove and watched helplessly as it flew off the roof bars and landed on my bonnet. Didn't know my own strength

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Mate didn't tie on the ladder right before and fell off at a mini roundabout ffs lol

9. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I drove into a multi storey car park a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't realised how low the ceiling was. Heard a horrible screeching sound and realised it was my ladder clamps scraping along the ceiling. I had to stop and take them off (they were both totally bent) while all the traffic was building up behind me. I looked like a right ****.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Left phone on roof, drove off,.....last time I saw my phone :rofl:

Advertisement