Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Xtreme Brush any good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I really like the Xtreme natural hybrid brush. It suits the work I do and the way I work. However, I get why it is not to everyone’s liking judging by other posts I’ve read. A better brush for you might be one of the Ultimate brushes. I personally like the medium soft one. 

In my experience, the only brushes that work really well on upstairs sills are sill brushes. However, I hate the feel of them on the glass, so I just set the angle of the brush so that I can wipe the sill by lifting the pole before running it along the sill. If a customer prefers, I’ll reposition the brush using the angle adapter and then re-do the sill, but I’ve only ever had two customers ask me to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the idea of the extreme but it was just too light and the way i clean with it, it knocks on the pvc too much.

It could just be psychological but i find myself scrubbing more with the extreme as it doesn't feel like it's got much scrubbing power, negating the benefits of less effort I would otherwise get from the lighter brush.

I always seem to find myself going back to the gardiner superlite compact with three jets. Its got the balance of weight and scrubbing power nearly right(sometimes feels too heavy) and I much prefer shorter bristles. The shorter bristles seem more precise and the transition from glass to frame is smoother for my style of cleaning.

I have lots of different brushes but i always seem to go back to the compact.

I am checking out the DuPont bristle brushes at the min, but 300 grams seems too heavy.

Cheers lads think I will get another brush that came free with my slx has a bit of weight to it and gets sills ok.

if you have rsi then a extreme with a bumper is a must , they will take you around three days to master and are great but do wear out quick i replace mine every 4 weeks 

after that it a suprme brush for me again with a bumper  

The x-line sill brush is really good, I have the regular bristles and it performs like a regular brush apart from when you need it for sills. I never got on with the Gardiner sill brush as I found it good for sills but not windows, the x-line is good for both, a bit heavier but you can’t have anything.

Need to get a new brush, does anyone use the Xtreme? Is it ok on cills?

Cheers

THL
Never used a extreme, but my new favourite is the ultimate medium (orange bristles) very fast on the glass and cleans sills well too, I just lift the pole above my head to wipe top windows sills. 

ive got a extreme brush wich i find ok but the scrubing power is half as good as a ultmate ide like to see the extreme brush with more dencely packed brustels and a splay like the supreme , a bump rubber is a must as they tend to scrach the window leges but there very lite idel if u have sholder issues ect rsa as quoted above

Try the medium mixed ones with the natural black bristles in the middle Lee

Scrubs very well

ive got a extreme brush wich i find ok but the scrubing power is half as good as a ultmate ide like to see the extreme brush with more dencely packed brustels and a splay like the supreme , a bump rubber is a must as they tend to scrach the window leges but there very lite idel if u have sholder issues ect rsa as quoted above

Using supreme medium mixed at the mo as they were on offer and very quick to clean with this time of year especially with 100° fan jets and swivel but not sure about in the summer with dirtier windows with bee spots etc

Not that heavy either

Last edited by a moderator:
Back