Im back lol .. minibore or microbore hose on the reel? continued

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Greener, Jan 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

What would you suggest is best Minibore or Microbore hose on the reel?

Well I'm at the point were I REALLY need to purchase some more hose as I have taken on a property where due to access I need around 80 meters of hose to clean the rear windows. I have recently started out on my own and the van set up I purchased came with a reel with about 50 meters of 6mm microbore hose on it and to be honest its been a pleasure using it compared to the 8mm minibore hose i used to use while working for someone else...ITS Sooooooooooo MUCH LIGHTER ;). HOWEVER I cant getaway from the fact that I have read on a few occasions that the microbore puts added pressure on the pump and could shorten the life span of the pumpo_O???? Now I'm a little bit protective of old Percy and I really could do without it gong bang, so WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????????

p.s All my poles and hose connectors are currently set for using the microbore I have on my reel.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#2 Smurf, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    Why not just stick to using microbore and if worried get a spare pump?

3. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I use rectus 21 fittings on both hoses ....male connection on my pole hose fits female connection on both 8mm &6mm .... So I can mix and match Pumps are tough ,,

4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

I use 100m of 6mm microbore and no problems with my pump....:thumbsup:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Greener

O.K so I think I'm going to stick with the microbore :thumbsup: I have a reel that I want to use, can anyone tell me what fitting I need to connect the 6mm hose to the reel? The connection I have on it at the mo looks like it is for 8mm hose? I have noticed it has a thread on the in side? Picture attached. IMG_20150112_090709.jpg

6. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Greener so you have the fitting that threads into that with a 8mm barbed end? I reckon you should be able to get 6mm microbore onto 8mm fitting. Just get the hose hot with very hot water.
    I like Microbore hose :thumbsup: The pump has to push water through 5mm ID pole hose anyway so.........

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I wouldn't change from microbore, I use 100 metres. Although I do need to get a replacement hose, I have had mine for over three years and I have turned it once.

I have spent a small fortune on the van and kit recently, having bought a SLX-35 and a SLX-18, had the van resprayed and signwritten. So I told the wife I'd sell my old pole and brush on ebay to cover the cost of new hose. 22 watchers atm, so you never know.;)

8. Greener

Cheers jimmyboots :thumbsup: ive now ordered some microbore and will give it a go.

9. Greener

No problem with the pump SPCleaning?

10. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

No I have had the pump for some time without a problem. Over two years. Where did you order your hose from?

Advertisement