I'm going hypo after today

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Smurf, Jun 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Could not be arsed to get my washer setup as my back was killing me so did my first patio clean today just using hypo (sodium hypochlorite) 14/15% diluted 1:1 mixed in a window cleaning retangular bucket.

After brushing then rinsing down the patio first using a normal garden hose also wetting down borders & grass I simply applied it to the filthy surface just using a chepo telescopic car wash brush to slap it on. I then let it dwell for about 20 mins then hosed it off. Job done :D

Wow! how easy was that as it came up as good as new without all the hassle of using a pressure washer.:)

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

great smurf , as i said on small jobs its a great time saver and also theres no fear of blasting the mortar joint out :thumbsup:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I rememberd what you said in a previous thread so thought I would give it a go...
    Many thanks for that:thumbsup:

4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Have you a linky for this 'Hypo' stuff ?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Might have to get some for our garden. We have Chickens who as you can imagine make quite a mess! So this might just do the trick. Dont suppose it unblocks drains as well?! lol

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hypo is also widly used on farms for sanitising too.

Not sure about unblocking drains though but don't go using it near ponds :D

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Good job we dont have a pond then!

9. cheapncheerful

great tips on here ...thanks mr shine..

..i had a power wash job recently and she asked me if i could do some flags at the bottom of the garden ...only after setting everything up did i realise my hosepipe wasnt long enough...but i could have done it that way and flushed it with buckets of water...the hosepipe wasnt that far off...

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Need to wear ppe as is deadly stuff to use also may kill vegitation if not wetted down enough. Can also etch glass to if allowed to stay on the glass too long. Oh and I forgot to mention will ruin your cloths too.

Apart from the risk of harming yourself, vegitation, aquatic life, pets & children it works great :D

Advertisement