Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

got 7 houses to clean tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

and 1 house to clean on thursday....

Lol.... will 25ltr barrels x 5 be enough ?

am going to spend loads of time and make my customers happy and offer a 100% service

6 are regular cleans

and 1 is a off clean which is £7.00

in total all 7 houses add up to 38.00 which isnt to bad.... should take me 2 hours normally.... but this will take me 3 hours cos im newbie... and not really good with the pole yet etc got no speed at all yet... so gotta start picking up

which works out just over 5 pound per house....

am going to put my prices up now... and go for 6-8 pound per hour /emoticons/smile.png

am going low.. cos i dont want to be refused /emoticons/biggrin.png lol

but i will be strong now lol

Well done. I have been following your posts with interest. Im new too but haven`t started yet. Hope to start in the next couple of months but am nervous about trying it. Hope it goes well for you. Steve /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum mate, where are u from and are u going to do wfp or trad mate? Ive never done a proper job before so i got to look professional as i can lol

Im from Northern Ireland. Never cleaned windows before but I was thinking maybe of going on a course if necessary. I want to do it right. I would do both traditional and WFP. I run a shop at the moment but fancy a change and there seems better money in windows. Hope you do well.

Steve

I think the question of are you going to low depends on the house and the work that is involved. I wouldn't suggest using set prices like that, because some houses do have more or less windows that others. We charge based on the number of windows, and each windows is charged differently based on its size and number of panes.

on average mate you should charge around a £1 for say bedroom and living room windows side windows like the landing/hallway charge around half for them.

connys depends how big but from fiver upwards.

remember pal you dont wanna be chasing your ass doing 100s and 100s of houses for small fees better to have half and get more coin pal;)

good look mate and just make sure you rinse well take a couple of extra barrels if u can just incase you might even pick up another custie who wants thers doing there and then

beging self employed you need to be on more than £6 a hr dude id say more towards £10+

ull earn 6.00 in mcds and take home all of that £6 lol

It takes you 3 hours and you earn £38 that's just under £13 an hour. That's not a bad start. If as you say you could do it in 2 hours that's£19 an hour. Either of them hourly rates ain't bad to start with. In fact £19 an hour is good. Hope it went ok mate. Let us know how you got on (as Paul would say) big H lol

and 1 house to clean on thursday....

Lol.... will 25ltr barrels x 5 be enough ?

am going to spend loads of time and make my customers happy and offer a 100% service

6 are regular cleans

and 1 is a off clean which is £7.00

in total all 7 houses add up to 38.00 which isnt to bad.... should take me 2 hours normally.... but this will take me 3 hours cos im newbie... and not really good with the pole yet etc got no speed at all yet... so gotta start picking up

which works out just over 5 pound per house....

am going to put my prices up now... and go for 6-8 pound per hour /emoticons/smile.png

am going low.. cos i dont want to be refused /emoticons/tongue.png lol

but i will be strong now lol
When I first started I took anything and I understand where your coming from as I also went in low just to get the work. Once you have a established round you can ween out the **** and those that you wanted when you started you can either put price up or drop. I put prices up on mine knowing if they agreed great but if they diddnt I weren't to bothered

how did the first cleans go? how lond did it take you and how much water did you use.

i saw one of your posts where you were talking about getting a shirt printed with your logo. did you ever get round to it and did you get more work while you were working?

beging self employed you need to be on more than £6 a hr dude id say more towards £10+

ull earn 6.00 in mcds and take home all of that £6 lol
you are spot on mate no way can you work for less than £10ph thats a min needs to be £15 upwards i always strive for £20.

Back