Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

window cleaners don't really like each other

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

I see quite a few about when I driving and usually i get cold stare. What is wrong with you guys?

To be fair I have met a really nice polish window cleaner a few years back who came up to me after seeing me cleaning with WFP, he gave me a new customer he didnt like doing because he didnt have wfp but other than that most of them down my way are not very smiling:sad:

When I got home tonight there was a window cleaners van blocking our driveway cleaning the back of one of my neighbours houses via WFP....it made me laugh......'oh I'm so sorry guv, I must have slipped with this pair of scissors in my hand and just cut straight through that tube thing on the floor....was it important? '

I think it has to do with the fact that you don't see that many about, so when window cleaners see other window cleaners they seem to stare and really check out the van etc...

I chatted to the local windy who does my neighbours this morning. Always have a natter. I'm buttering him up so I can buy his work when he retires...

Even though I have pointer ladders on the roof, and a scrim swinging from the back, I don't go waving at anyone that looks like a windy, just a bit weird. I'd only do it if I've met them before, or they wave first.

I used to sometimes drive past some really dodgy 'hoody' lads, then i realised they were boarcitys lads, so I don't worry anymore /emoticons/biggrin.png

yes so off cheapie goes to work all planned out in his dodgy head....

first one she is in ...never in normally ...so thats another day....

so turns into the close I want to park in straight into a swarm of windys....

yep a swarm was an established figure of four or more windys in a post a long time ago...

well there was three trying to get over a gate and one hopped out of a bush...

so cheapies parking place had to be shifted..

so I parked up not far away and thought well I will go back after the swarm have gone...got out my backpack got out my pole and they are heading towards me...so cheapie hid around the back...

he then wanted his trolley and went peeping to see where the swarm where and they were next door book one and ...yeh

me thinks cheapie got caught peeping..oops...so I went around the back and the other half the swarm was up the ladder ....no hiding place for cheapie..

I had seen them before in fact I think they are the lot that clean my close but usually only three so not a swarm...

any way finished that one and cheapie went off the idea of staying here and drove off to see what else he could find as the weather that the weather man promised...dry...er...wasnt happening...as usual..

and yep it was time to visit the one where frank broke the sat dish and mended it with elastic bands....so I put my glue in my pocket to make a proper repair but...

er...franks repair must have failed as it has been replaced...

anyway only the cleaner in so got stuck in as its one of those dog barks like mad and follows you around houses..and it was out for a walk...peace..

sadly...the lady had to inform me that her husband had passed away since my last visit...he did not look well I remembered..

no no no smurfy..the sat dish did not fall on his head when the elastic bands broke..

he just passed in his sleep...still...well..

okay this was an old job and his wife never paid me...hmmmm

anyway because it always got left it had gone up from £8 to £9 to £!0 virtually every time I went round..but...did she know the price?

well it does have a big conny and is a three bed detached...hmmmm

but....cheapie does the kids house as well and he used to pay for both...so I thought and thought and thought well ...

smurfy will shout if I dont put up the price...

so I thought sod it £15 and £5 for the kids house but...

as she headed towards me I could plainly see the brown envelope with windowcleaner marked on it...oh sh it ..hes left the money...

so she said how much and I reluctantly said £!5

but ...then she said...and how much for the kids...er..£5....cheapies on a roll..:rofl:

er...they cant really see you from up there can they...?/emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
yes so off cheapie goes to work all planned out in his dodgy head....
first one she is in ...never in normally ...so thats another day....

so turns into the close I want to park in straight into a swarm of windys....

yep a swarm was an established figure of four or more windys in a post a long time ago...

well there was three trying to get over a gate and one hopped out of a bush...

so cheapies parking place had to be shifted..

so I parked up not far away and thought well I will go back after the swarm have gone...got out my backpack got out my pole and they are heading towards me...so cheapie hid around the back...

he then wanted his trolley and went peeping to see where the swarm where and they were next door book one and ...yeh

me thinks cheapie got caught peeping..oops...so I went around the back and the other half the swarm was up the ladder ....no hiding place for cheapie..

I had seen them before in fact I think they are the lot that clean my close but usually only three so not a swarm...

any way finished that one and cheapie went off the idea of staying here and drove off to see what else he could find as the weather that the weather man promised...dry...er...wasnt happening...as usual..

and yep it was time to visit the one where frank broke the sat dish and mended it with elastic bands....so I put my glue in my pocket to make a proper repair but...

er...franks repair must have failed as it has been replaced...

anyway only the cleaner in so got stuck in as its one of those dog barks like mad and follows you around houses..and it was out for a walk...peace..

sadly...the lady had to inform me that her husband had passed away since my last visit...he did not look well I remembered..

no no no smurfy..the sat dish did not fall on his head when the elastic bands broke..

he just passed in his sleep...still...well..

okay this was an old job and his wife never paid me...hmmmm

anyway because it always got left it had gone up from £8 to £9 to £!0 virtually every time I went round..but...did she know the price?

well it does have a big conny and is a three bed detached...hmmmm

but....cheapie does the kids house as well and he used to pay for both...so I thought and thought and thought well ...

smurfy will shout if I dont put up the price...

so I thought sod it £15 and £5 for the kids house but...

as she headed towards me I could plainly see the brown envelope with windowcleaner marked on it...oh sh it ..hes left the money...

so she said how much and I reluctantly said £!5

but ...then she said...and how much for the kids...er..£5....cheapies on a roll..:rofl:

er...they cant really see you from up there can they...?/emoticons/biggrin.png
CNC .......this is class! The humour is My Name is Earl standards - brilliant :thumbsup:

Because I'm impatient and live in the modern world of wanting everything instantly, I didn't read all your story cnc, can you voice message it to me so I don't have to read...o_O

yeh I bloomin missed that show as well..must put that on my list to watch:D

yeh thats two price rises in a week...this time next year....

Ill still probably be bankrupt...

yep it started out small but grew into a tuffers bedtime tale...

I did bump into a windy a while back he had an original hand built wfp system and we had a little chat nice guy...

its just kinda embarrassing meeting other windys whilst working I think..but you cant always dodge em...

Called on a windy last night while canvassing he was sound.

I miss understood him because you get a lot of customers clean there own windows but then I saw his A frame in the porch.

It was pretty funny and we chatted for ten minutes and exchanged numbers.

I know about 8 windies iny town to stop and chat with

Used to sub off the same firm most of them were employed by

It is hard to do any work without standing around chatting lol

I got one of them into liquidators recently after stopping my job to let him try them

Also i know another now as 1 is on this forum i found out the other day

Hi Neil /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't see the point of being all cold and moody with other windies. At the end of the day all doing the same job to earn a living. I often stopped and had a good chat to a couple of locals. Quite often would end up cleaning oposit or next door to each other.

One day there were three of us cleaning three houses in a row! Lol no issue just got on with it had a quick chat and on we went.

of course the title of this post is somewhat mis leading...

window cleaners don't really like each other

except on here.....:rofl:

love you all lads...

okay goes with out saying...ladies too..!

There is a strong myth, well I've heard it repeated from various sources, window cleaning is highly territorial and to encroach is like a gangland incursion.... Almost. Maybe that's at the back of our minds despite the large evidence to the contrary.

I've seen loads of cleaners round near me, and loads more I suspect with the estate and ladders.

In one way I take it as encouraging: there's a strong market demand to support them. Just hope I can eek a few round the edges of their empires.

I'd definately be friendly if I had the urge to approach. Unless I knew they were arseholes already. I usually watch for a bit to see their methods, then walk on.

Back