Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

window cleaners don't really like each other

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ones i see most often are a really big company with loads of vans, i always say hello to them knowing they are employees, they always look miserable, feel quite smug with myself

aw dont really run into much myself tbh except one who is trad cleaner

he came out when he seen me doing the neigbours house

it was a three story

so got chatting and turned out he was dubious about wfp as didnt know how it worked i gave him my card and said to call me and id help him kit a van out and show him how to use it etc

he contacted me a few months later and i did help him and he was very grateful :)

I would never go out of my way to help local competition out myself as that's like shooting yourself in the foot for the fun of it. :rolleyes:

I guess if your happy with your work load, it might be better to be friends than not. If not, just friendly.

In the business I was in, healthcare, the various companies were quite ruthless in their own way trying to out bid each other for work tenders. It's suited and booted, but still devious and cut throat survival.

The cleaner I see most, I am friendly with. We chat frequently and help each other out. Hey, there's plenty of glass out there. I have also chatted to a couple of others.

There is also an old school windy that's been around for years and years. He won't talk to another windy, just glares at them.

@Smurf there is plenty work in belfast ie i cover 10 mile radius of my house and thats a hell lot houses and 1 person cant do them all

all of my customers i look after so im confident no will leave

and karma is a powerful thing why not help him out treat others as u would like to be treated

View attachment 4494

I used to sometimes drive past some really dodgy 'hoody' lads, then i realised they were boarcitys lads, so I don't worry anymore :D
i insist they pull the hoods up [or wear a cap] at all times when working . its my golden rule.

this all started in my 2nd year i never wore a hat and i got sunstroke one day. ever since then im paranoid about it so everyone works for me wears headgear ,year round too

Last edited:
There is this house where I live , a trad guy has cleaned for 20years , the owner ask him if he minded me cleaning 2 windows above there extension that he's never cleaned ( he's not interested in wfp). cleaned them 3 times now

Back