I'm No Mug - Or Am I?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Vince Green, Jan 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

I've been in this business quite a long time now and I have a fairly good idea whats what. However, I learned over the weekend that a customer I have done for years and charge £20 was quoted £138 by somebody else.

Got me thinking, am I going soft? the job takes me about 20 mins to half an hour.

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Are you sure they didnt miss a decimal point and a 0 ???

What was it for ? Window cleaning ?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Was that me :D

4. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

No dead serious £138 to clean a very very small office building. They weren't invited either they phoned up and asked for a meeting. They had all their presentation read with nice flip charts etc "we are professional window cleaners"

They were gutted when they found out I did them for £20. They said they didn't see how it was possible.

5. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Same in all trades a big variation in prices one man may have enough work and be quoting based on his/her expansion plans knowing his overheads are going to rise and if he don't get it then no great loss at least he's tried another mans like yourself has had the job for years with no increases your question to the customer in a joking way should be how far off the mark do you think the quote was given your on mates rates

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I think maybe then you are a mug charging only £20 :D

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

If the office has same or more windows than a pub would say it may be low price but if your happy doing it for £20 at least you've got the customer on your side and unless you do something drastic shouldn't be losing that one soon

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When you say a very small office building have you got any pic so we can see what size you are talking about?

Also what is the frequency of the clean?

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

The other thing to look at as we'll if the other windy got to meeting on site they may have priced internally and for loads of extras you've not been asked to do

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Good point, That would concern me why they bothered to hold a meeting in the first place if they where happy with your service :rolleyes:

Advertisement