I'm proper miffed! Need anyones help!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ken, Aug 25, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ken

Ken Guest

Ok, so I have a Mac and would like a round management system like roundtracker for Windows.
    I'm not buying a new computer just for some software.
    So if anyone knows a program I can purchase that works on Macs, that would be great.
    But failing that I'm about to purchase a new mobile phone, and I'd like a app or some software that would mean I could manage the work due etc from my phone, I keep all documents etc written at home and on the computer but for everyday business I want it all on my phone.

Third, what phone should i get for this software, I don't mind buying any phone so long as it has an app or software i can manage my business from....

HELP!!! I've searched everywhere online, typed in every Google search possible.

Advertisement
  2. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Pm sent Ken

3. george has an online version dont know much about it though

col

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Wcp also has online system

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Just been trying out the online George - really like it.

The scheduling is better, and it prints one worksheet with all the info on it, instead of normal george which prints out a page for each round.

Easy to get used to, and good reports.

Also been able to access it with my windows 6.0 mobile phone - again easy to use.

I have decided to stick with regular george, as my internet is always dropping out, and as it works - no need to fix it - but would recommend the online one.

Dave

6. Ken

Ken Guest

Surely theres a program I can d/l an keep, use but not store something on the net.
    The internet is the wild wild west imo.

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I think Round Tracker is based on an excel document - so you may be able to use that with a similar spreadsheet, or can you get excel for mac's?

8. Ken

Ken Guest

I dunno :0 I've never used a computer for excel or any other document thing. lol

9. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

IVE GOT IT.......

It's called a pen and paper.

:)

10. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Hi Ken,

You can also sometimes run Windows programs on a Mac, IF you buy some special software to make it work like Parallels (http://www.parallels.com/uk/products/desktop/)

So if all else fails, maybe that's something to consider?

You can get Excel for Mac, but you can also get OpenOffice or LibreOffice which do the same thing.

Paul

Advertisement