Im selling up. how much is my round worth?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rob brooks, Jun 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rob brooks

rob brooks Newcomer

Hi guys,

I new to this forum, been a windy for nearly 3 years, im packing up as im heading into engineering. My round details are below, please let me know your thoughts on the realistic value of my round, what kind of money could i get?

£2270 worth of work all done traditionally over a 5 & 10 weekly basis, mostly domestic houses, a couple contracts and residential/commercial work, such as vet buildings, small care home, shops etc.

Ive put some adverts out, had lots of interest with asking prices of £2500 and £3000. Had 2 window cleaners message me on ebay saying im selling it way too cheap....???

what do you reckon? any advice is appreciated.

cheers,
    Rob.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

With anything in life, it all depends what someone wants to pay for it. Personally when I sell mine one day I will aim for 3 times the value of the round although if I got 2X then I would still feel like I did good.

3. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

So is that a total of £2270 over 10 weeks....:confused:.

4. rob brooks

rob brooks Newcomer

fair enough, bingo, i had an extra week on top of this in a completely different area, this has been passed to a family relative, leaving 4 weeks of work which is why it can be changed to monthly and bi-monthly now. its £2270 of customer value, works out like this:

£1250 5 weekly
    £770 10 weekly
    £245 6 monthly

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Like anything really the price is what someone is willing to pay.

Selling a round as ppl put it they are only selling good will and not actual work as ppl on the books could find someone else if they want too or not bother at all.

It does amaze me how ppl just assume once they have bought a so say round they own it which seems ludicrous to me as customers decide who they want to employ not the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

nows a good time to sell, being summery . think if i was selling 2k worth of work id hope to get 4k cash .

7. rob brooks

rob brooks Newcomer

i reckon ask around £5 k in the hope to get around £4k at minimum. As its my first business and first time selling one i am just a bit sceptical.

8. cheapncheerful

9. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Where's the Fiver gone :mad: ;) :p :D.

10. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

It all depends on how good the work is; are they priced well, is compact work, is it a good area etc. As far as my experience goes, and I've bought and sold work, a) you can give it away, b) pound for pound, c) twice the round and three times if it is really good. Good luck.

Advertisement