Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello , needing some advice please

Did she have panties on the line??

I think to some people, window cleaners can be seen as little peeping toms. Lol

I no its not the ideal situ, but all my houses know I'm coming. BUT...if they forgot go leave a gate open, and I could get round over a gate, then I'd do that, yes. And I really wouldn't see that as being a problem with them.

I have in the past had customers say "but how did u get around the back if the gate was locked?!" I just say that I just hopped over with the ladder - 'I've been doing it for years' I tell them.

i usly put a step ladder up an undo the gate tith my trad pole with a hook on it if its padlocked ill clime over as long as its easy some i have keys for but 80 percent of my round i can just walk throu the gate as most r never locked in my area ps welcome to the forum:addict:[delusional]

i usly put a step ladder up an undo the gate tith my trad pole with a hook on it if its padlocked ill clime over as long as its easy some i have keys for but 80 percent of my round i can just walk throu the gate as most r never locked in my area ps welcome to the forum:addict:[delusional]
Good idea about the hook. I use edge of my brush to lift the loop of the bolt, and then wiggle it open with the pole.

I would walk away.

Some people are odd so always check what you can or cannot do but I wouldn't advise moving peoples washing as its personal.

Knock and talk to them. Apologise as usually that's all it takes is good communication. If they are decent people they will accept your apology and if they don't then do not go back as you don't need the hassle.

Well, my response to people that rude is always the same, 'Keep your money then luv, if you're that hard up you can't pay your bill for an honest job well then have this one on me!' Then for some reason they always try to pay you! Go Figure.

Last autumn we started the process of collecting all customers mobile numbers. We now have a 'text alert' service where we text them the night before to 'remind' them to leave the gate open. Most modern smart phones let you create lists in your phone book to keep it a simple operation.

Now when we go if the back is locked up we do the windows we can reach and leave the ones we can't, the bill goes in at full price and come collection time there is no quibbles from the customer as we have done all we can to accommodate them.

We do of course have a selection of them where we have agreed we will hop the wall or go over a garage roof.

Back