Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lovin It

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've used most type’s inc wireless but to be honest found them all rubbish as batteries don't last long.

Now I prefer to use an old cannon g7 that takes vid clips either mounted on a harris (5m) pole or one of my much longer old wfp's for 3 storey work that by the way that I choose not to do anymore for various reason that will not go into detail here.

This simple setup Ideal for gutter survey's during quotes also checking gutters when working but can't be used in real-time while using the guttervac which is not a problem for me.

With the g7 you can play back the vid from the camera screen and can stop it on any frame to show customers how bad their guttering & downspouts are blocked. Also may I add I’ve gained loads of works with shared gutter runs as customer see the clip/pic then some will come with me to even knock on their neighbour doors to show how bad their gutters are blocked too.

Makes my job a whole lot easier If I can do the whole shared gutter runs on terraced houses etc in one hit as I can earn more money aswell. Simples….

Hope this helps?
It does a bit, I may just bite the bullet and get the wireless one with screen. Would make thing way more eayer

Yep might do until the batery runs out after about an hour on the cam then it needs putting on charge for about 1-6 hours depending which one you get :rolleyes:

Also the screen will go dead after about 1-5 hour running on batteries too or even less if you get one that records video footage.

Not ideal are they after all? /emoticons/biggrin.png

My advice If you still going to buy a wireless system check the spec very carefully as most have a very short run time. By the way most are simply wireless baby monitors that are being sold for use as a gutter cam at a large mark up. If you want one that records too price will be higher still /emoticons/wink.png

Yep might do until the batery runs out after about an hour on the cam then it needs putting on charge for about 1-6 hours depending which one you get :rolleyes:

Also the screen will go dead after about 1-5 hour running on batteries too or even less if you get one that records video footage.

Not ideal are they after all? /emoticons/biggrin.png

My advice If you still going to buy a wireless system check the spec very carefully as most have a very short run time. By the way most are simply wireless baby monitors that are being sold for use as a gutter cam at a large mark up. If you want one that records too price will be higher still /emoticons/wink.png
I was looking at baby moniters, everyone I came across needed to be plugged in to the mains?
It depends how long the job will take really. Is the battyers all fixed in the machine?

Same monitor different camera, I found the gutter vac they sell on ebay for about 330 quid. Hes got a good mark up lol.

I never had any luck with the poles though, I just ordered the 32ft ones.

I use omni guttervac poles myself (T1 aerospace ali) I got 4 double extending sections when I bought my first guttervac that can reach upto 50ft. Now I don't use more than 2 sections as I’m not daft enough anymore to go above 2 storey using a guttervac. /emoticons/biggrin.png

No probs, just try a few 3 storey jobs as you might get on better than I did...

Maybe after you have gained some experience you may decide like me some gutter jobs at that height are too much of a pain in the **** to try clearing with a guttervac. Also you have to bear in mind if for some reason if you happen to damage any guttering joints, clips etc will cost you dearly for access equipment to put it right.

Badly blocked downspouts can be another problem especially bad growth in what some would call swan necks as a guttervac does struggle to clear them out properly too.

Don't mean to try putting you off but guttervac clearing is not all that is cracked up to be and can be bloody hard work too.

No probs, just try a few 3 storey jobs as you might get on better than I did...

Maybe after you have gained some experience you may decide like me some gutter jobs at that height are too much of a pain in the **** to try clearing with a guttervac. Also you have to bear in mind if for some reason if you happen to damage any guttering joints, clips etc will cost you dearly for access equipment to put it right.

Badly blocked downspouts can be another problem especially bad growth in what some would call swan necks as a guttervac does struggle to clear them out properly too.

Don't mean to try putting you off but guttervac clearing is not all that is cracked up to be and can be bloody hard work too.
If that ever happened, I would just replace the clip my self. [insert H&S legislation here] Ive replaced a few before. IF anything else did happen. I would just get one of my mates to fix it.

Most jobs can be hard work at some time.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep 4200 watt vacs are ok but still not powerful enough in my book.

Like any electric motors in most vacs they don't seem to last me very long doing gutter clearing work but that star lasted far less than the others I've used.

Damm that thing must be powerfull

Yep 4200 watt vacs are ok but still not powerful enough in my book.
Like any electric motors in most vacs they don't seem to last me very long doing gutter clearing work but that star lasted far less than the others I've used.
I like the look of those clips too, are those the ones you just twist with your hand?
I cant wait for my poles to come now haha.

Yes they are as came with the omni guttervac pole set.

Must admit I like my old omni guttervac poles as each section has an inner and outer pole so are quick and easy to adjust the length required which is I think is a big advantage over fixed length pole sections.

With my poles I can simply optimise the length of pole required instead of having to maybe struggle with fixed length pole sections as you may find out on some jobs fixed poles sections might be either be too long or too short for the user to get into the right position to work in a more comfortable position.

Back