Improve The Ranking Of Window Cleaning Website

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Window Cleaner, Jan 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

hi all im new to all this forum stuff, but seems as the snows here and iv been unable to work for the past week i set my self a little mission to improve the rank of my window cleaning website with the hope that it will improve my chances of picking up more domestic and commercial window cleaning work for the future. Based in Coventry, west midlands there seems to be a lot of window cleaners about (as well as the rest of the country no doubt) and i feel this is the reason im not really moving up in googles ranks. I have a basic knowledge of computers i built the site myself but just wondering if there's any one on here who can give a few tips to help my improve website rank as i have 0 knowledge of seo.

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

As you already know.. back links do help! lol

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum midlands, cleaners there is a couple of boys on hear Iian and dodger I am sure will be able to help you

4. Window Cleaner

thanks, il have a look for them in the members section and get in touch.

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Sorry mate saw this earlier but busy trying to get someone back on the forum (long story).

I did notice your window cleaning page doesn't mention coventry (or anywhere else) once, also the pages you set aside for comm & dom are blank.

onsite seo isn't good but, sign up for google+ and get on the map, freeindex and get some reviews, yell & thomson local free entries. Plenty other stuff but thats enough to be going on with and my head is a serious shed right now..

6. mark m

mark m Hero

just what I thought :p

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I knew you knew, just modest mark lol.

Oh and welcome adam!!

8. Window Cleaner

hi yes iv been changing all the layout this week just added the dom & com pages the other day and haven't got round to finish them yet, going to get on with it now though as id forgot until you just reminded lol. i seem to be ranking ok for gutter cleaning coventry but not much else, im going to put coventry and a few other areas in the window cleaning page though definately as its my window cleaning that im ranking really low for, thanks for the advice if any one also thinks they can help all advice would be welcome.

9. Iain

Iain Guru

It's a local search and Google+ relies heavily on local citations from the directories that Dodger mentioned.

The most important change you need to make is have your contact number and address in PLAIN TEXT. Google cant read images of text (yet) and they need to validate your Google+ listing with your website, external directories, etc.

10. Window Cleaner

got it thank you added a contact us page under home, valuable advice. if anyone else got anything to add will be v much appreciated

Advertisement