Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

In-line tap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rigor33

hi Guys, I'm looking to fit an inline tap on my water fed pole , just wondering if the pump will keep running when the tap is closed and if so will it damage the pump. Thanks for any advice you can give

Do you have a pump controller as they normally have 'dead end' detection and once calibrated will auto stop and start the pump when necessary.

If no controller or one with out dead end detection then the only thing that will stop it will be the pump switch but these are not reliable for long term use. They will fail because they can't take the load switching on and off so many times a day.
Hope that helps?

Yes you can use a inline tap the pump will need a pressure switch which you will have to replace probably once a couple of years simple 5-10min job
Univalve or gardiners twist valve are much better solutions for controlling water usage

Yes you can use a inline tap the pump will need a pressure switch which you will have to replace probably once a couple of years simple 5-10min job
Univalve or gardiners twist valve are much better solutions for controlling water usage
I've been wfp over 14 years always used an inline tap and never had to replace a pressure switch

Back