In Line TDS Meter

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Alien Human, Aug 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Alien Human

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

HM Digital DM-2: Commercial In-Line Dual TDS Meter

I got this, 3rd item down on that page. I can check at a moments notice what the r/o is producing and what the water is going to my IBC tank from the DI vessel. Its accurate as well.

So my in sensor is between the r/o and di vessel, and the out sensor is after di.

This allows me to tweak my waste gate valve so I get optimum efficiency from my 4040.

I ordered the 1/2" pipe fittings.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Yeah I have third one down too for my van, hose connectors are all pretty chunky for me and makes fitting it in a tight space difficult. You have to press a button to see the tds, I'd of liked it if when water was going through it it auto went on and off when no water, but I guess that would rinse the battery.

4. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I have the top one on the list. Set up the same as spruce, for the same reason. I like to get the RO water tweaked to its lowest PPM before passing through the DI

5. Alien Human

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

So I right in thinking that whichever option you go for you still need to press a button to obtain the reading?

.....which would be fine but ideally want something that would constantly be on - or is that being too optimistic

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I don't see a reason for this tbh. You won't be standing there staring at it as you are filling the van. The other thing with mine is that you can only read one tds sensor at a time. The most important for me is from the r/o output to the di vessel.

I know the resin in my vessel lasts about a year so don't always check the out reading after di. I guess I'm in the fortune position of having a tap water of around 115ppm. The r/o output is around 2ppm. So my resin usage is very low - I can clean with 2ppm so don't really need the di vessel.

For those whose r/o output ppm is higher due to harder tap water, then this second reading is also important.

7. Alien Human

That's very true Spruce :) Cheers fella.

Advertisement