In need of urgent help!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SMC CLEANING, Jun 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Hi people,

It's time to change my Ro for the first time thinking it would be a straight foreword thing went to do it but I’m stuck!!

I can't get the casing open only the metal plates holding it in place. But that is it. I have provided pictures for you to look at. Can anyone help

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

Undo the screws and the plates should slide down. Now the fun to try and pull out the end caps. I tried to do one for a customer and it would not budge. Completely solid. A cheep Chineese copy so hopefully you should get more joy. I pulled a shoulder muscle trying to get it off.

4. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

I had a feeling you might say that!! So i took the metal plates out and orange tap so now you just pull it from the single hose end is that right?

5. doug atkinson

Yes that is correct but with this style housing the membrane shaft is in both ends. Other housings the inlet end there is a gap between the membrane and end cap making it easy to take off. This was a nightmare. If you pull on that hose you will snap the fitting. I got a bolt and screwed it in then pulled and pulled.

6. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

I'll have to give that a go then what a nightmare should have knowen seeing as the other stuff i got with the set up pumps etc was cheap **** as well!! thanks for the advice appreciate I it.

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Ifu un screw the hose out and put in a brass nipple u will use a Pair pliers. Pull it out slowly. U don't want to be pullin it out by the threaded holes Asia u damage them its ban jax ed

8. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

That's a good idea im going to leave it until the weekend now as i feel doing it after wrork may not be a good idea for many reasons!! thanks :)

9. doug atkinson

Did you manage to do it!

10. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Finally got it open yesterday and replaced it but now guess what... i can't put it back in any suggestions it seems like the rubbers are stopping it. My heart is broken with it:mad::mad:

Attached Files:

Advertisement