In van relay charger (must have)

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Windowwhiz, Mar 2, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Sounds interesting. What does this do?

Does it split the charge your alternator gives so it charges both your van and system battery?

If so does your van Jeffery seem to get enough charge?

3. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Yeah You connect it straight to your van battery and it charges your leisure battery at the same time. So when your driving it's charging both.
    I got one as a friend of mine recommended it and it's great, he's been using one for ages.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Sounds good could be my next investment. Hate having to drag my battery out to charge all the time.

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Well finally got it fitted, had to get some more wire as the 4 meters given was not enough. Seems to be all OK don't really know if it is working or not but no fuses blown no bangs or sparks so presume it is all OK will just have to wait and see if batter goes flat or not I guess.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Ha! just drag my battery out the trolley and put on charge over ***ht,No big deal to me and I can see what charge it has in when I connect it to the charger,you okay with those relay as long as you got a bit of driving to your round from your house and the alternator is tip top.Most of my round is local or with 4 miles of where I live,I have to top up the car battery now and then as short journeys don't do it any good

7. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

I haven't heard of anyone having to topup there battery when wired into a relay.
    We have no probs an we run a double reel system and doing all short runs within 7 miles of home.

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Had an odd problem today, went to start on a house after already doing 4 no problems.
    Water started coming out of pole as usual then slowly stopped.

I thought it was a bit odd as had plenty of water left and battery showed it was fully charged as green ball was visible.

I tried turning off then on and the pump tried a little before dying again. i didn't get it at all.

Then i remembered for some reason this morning when i got in van the radio asked for a code as if van bat had been disconnected or dead but van started fine. So i then thought maybe it was something to do with the relay linking to the van battery, pulled the bonnet all looked ok. For some reason something told me to run the engine then try turning water on. Funnily enough the water pumped just fine and i managed to finish the house. now back home i just don't understand what is up any ideas peeps?

9. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Have you got the charger relay connected to the wrong battery.

They are supposed to only charge the auxilary battery when the vehicle battery is strong - if the wrong way round you may be charging the auxilary battery all the time, and only the vehicle battery when the auxilary battery is strong.

10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I am pretty sure I have it fitted right followed the instructions to the T.

Advertisement