Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Will it ever stop

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Will it ever stop raining?

It does get rather depressing working when it's raining. Even though I wear wet gear and wellies I can only take so much as the last two days has been horrible.

The good news is though customers do tip very well as they must feel sorry for me or something.

How about you?

Been a bad week for weather, but not sure how much the customer notices.....

Had a customer complain to me yesterday about her windows being cleaned in the rain..........it hadn't rained all morning.........'But the windows are all wet!!'......been cleaning her windows for over a year with WFP and this is the first time she noticed the windows are left wet!!

Observant bunch.......!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had to wait until 1:45 today to do a gutter clear, clean and soffit job due to the rain :mad: got a soaking during the job, but put a cap and waterproof coat on and cracked on. The woman asked me for some leaflets to hand out to her friends and one friend who was visiting wants me to clean her uPVC. So not a bad day after all /emoticons/smile.png.

Today I started a job at 10 am and it didn't stop raining until about 3 pm so I just carried on working throught it and finished at 4 pm. At least I had 1 hour without it bloody raining which made a very nice change. Also the customer was so pleased with my efforts he gave me a £20 tip.

Today I started a job at 10 am and it didn't stop raining until about 3 pm so I just carried on working throught it and finished at 4 pm. At least I had 1 hour without it bloody raining which made a very nice change. Also the customer was so pleased with my efforts he gave me a £20 tip.
My job was for a Scottish woman. She said she would have given me a bottle of whisky as well, but she didn't have any :confused: Typical jock /emoticons/biggrin.png

Was £1o for one job and £5 for another yesterday so 3 out of 3 customers in a row gave me a tip which is not bad /emoticons/wink.png

I have done loads of car sitting this week. Weird thing is, as soon as I decide to call it a day and put the ladder back on the car, the rain stops......take it off and it starts again.

I should learn to take a nap in the car, like cnc

That must be so frustrating for you

I have done loads of car sitting this week. Weird thing is, as soon as I decide to call it a day and put the ladder back on the car, the rain stops......take it off and it starts again.
I should learn to take a nap in the car, like cnc

Part of the job smurf, though I have two, half completed, big houses to go back to next week. Just going to chill in my garden and allotment for the next 2 days. Ready for a rest. Will hit the ground running on tuesday.

Good going smurf. Always nice to get a tip. I get the odd tip, but a cup of tea goes much further with me. /emoticons/smile.png

To be honest it's still surprises me how so many like to tip for my work which I'm always very grateful for. Most will also look after me whilst I'm working by offering drinks & sometimes food too. I suppose that's the difference of doing jobs that take a lot longer than say a regular window clean as most jobs that I do can take a few hours to complete properly.

sooner you get the mindset that you are going to work in the rain no matter what ,it all gets easier . getting rid of any customers who moan straight away is another tip i can give

Back