Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

woman window cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

jambo113

come across my first woman window cleaner today while i was out working so i introduced myself and ended up giving her one ( a customer lol) i had a house on its own and wasnt really worth me cleaning it so i passed it onto her

sod working with the better half what about if you got propositioned while on a job ?

I priced a nice house today a new build £15.00 a month for windows and frames

2 women there fit as F*** SISTERS they were and one bent down to put the kid in the pram and I had a right eye full .

tbh i was gonna clean it this last time and say i wont be doing it again it was a bit of a failed canvasing campain knocked the street (all windows down there were filthy) got 2 customers and a landlord who wanted me to go do a one off clean after he had finished the work on the house ended up dropping one of them as they were messers so just wasnt worth me while to go do one

I'm a female window cleaner, well will be! Hope I'm lucky enough to get given one on the job /emoticons/wink.png but was wondering how I'm likely to be received out there? It's such a man's world! I'm going to go out canvassing once my flyers are printed and I'm a little worried about people just dismissing me as a girl! Any thoughts?

I could imagine it being totally the opposite I think you will do ok, I have a friend who's a female decorator I see alot of them but she makes the point known she's a female decorator and gets lots of work from it.

personally it wouldnt make a difference to me i only mentioned it is because its the first time ive seen a woman doing it and forgot to ask if anyone else knows any. but i suppose some people will treat you differently i use to work on a site were there was a woman tiler a couple of people tried taking the pee but she gave as good as she got if not better n was just seen as one of the lads. but on the plus side i dont think youll get many blokes threatening you off there patch /emoticons/wink.png

Cheers Paul, and jambo, on my flyers I have made a point of me being female, just hope it doesnt backfire lol. I think there could be positives and negatives and the only way to find out is to get out there and ask. Haha hopefully no confrontations, but from some of the stories on here there's some right low life's about so wouldn't surprise me!

There are two old birds in the middle of my round who have a circular black bucket and A-frame who clean a long rwo of about 25 shops. It's awesome work but none of the companies will budge as these women have done them years.

Really annoying.

I know a couple of other women window cleaners, seem to do well for themselves.

yeh i think you'll do well, especially with older people who tend to trust lasses more, there's a man & wife team up the road from me & there round is a brilliant earner, strangely they both look like worzel gummidge

I had my misses work with me all last year and she woz great. Moaned about the cold but that woz it. I think my cuties liked it as I think they think a women is a lot more thorough. I think your be fine Claire going on the experience I had with my misses. Got lots more tea to lol. On a serious note just watch out for the strange ones. Had a few old boys that would follow her & stare at her while she was cleaning.

Thanks for all the positive feedback /emoticons/biggrin.png memo to self- remember to brush hair! You should sneak a pic of this worzel gummidge twosome lol we have an older couple out near us that wear matching fleeces and bobble hats, quite sickly imo, yeah true about the strange ones, had a couple of customers make comments to my friend, (have been working with for the last 8 months) bit creepy, prob would avoid cleaning their insides!

That's probably a good idea Claire, u might find yourself tied, no such luck for me lol
Not with the strange men lol

Thanks for all the positive feedback /emoticons/biggrin.png memo to self- remember to brush hair! You should sneak a pic of this worzel gummidge twosome lol we have an older couple out near us that wear matching fleeces and bobble hats, quite sickly imo, yeah true about the strange ones, had a couple of customers make comments to my friend, (have been working with for the last 8 months) bit creepy, prob would avoid cleaning their insides!
My misses didn't like going inside. I always stayed with her.

Back