Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you have a helper with you take turns

One can be fine rinsing plastics windows etc

Tarmac surfaces keeping it damp if your really concerned

But like green said just be careful spary the surface yoir meant to and there shouldnt be much spillage below etc

Most should go in the gutters

If the above sounds a bit harsh well sorry, however I am tired of eggshells lately.
Also with regards to Tarmac, I have used weak Hypo solutions to kill moss on Tarmac with no adverse effects before. If you have made a mes of it it's from getting your mix wrong.

You could always take a cheap and sensible precaution and tarpaulin the tarmac area first.

I'm sounding more hostile by the minute. Not intending to be, just stating my opinions and experiences.
ok taken on board thanks for your input

@Green Pro Clean Ltd been on a softwash course by any chance? :whistle:
As it happens no, I have not.

I did attend the BioWash seminar which was all about them getting you to buy their brand and chemicals however the knowledge available on the day could have gone on a post-it note.

The knowledge I have is shed loads of homework and just as much practical application. At present I am soft-washing almost every other day on all kinds of jobs hence I like to know what I am doing.

I was going to attend a certain soft-wash 'course' but after conversing with the organizer decided against it as I don't think it's the right move for me.

BTW none of the above was aimed at you @Williams Jet Wash , I am just getting irritated at some armchair experts shelling out advice on topics they really know little on. If you get my drift. It would be like me giving advice on choosing a footy team to support, I neither care nor know enough about it to talk with any substance on the matter.

ok @Green Pro Clean Ltd that is how it come across but i have not taken any offence, I come here to share experiences and ask opinions this is why i started the thread there is more than one way to skin a cat i was just interested in learning other peoples methods and pricing to see if there was anything i could take away from another persons opinion and apply to my own work in reality i have a lot of hands on experience with restoring all kinds of exterior surfaces in short i don't need taking to school so to speak on this topic was just sharing one of my daily experiences :thumbsup:

Interesting info here! What's the best mix of hypo to clean roofs properly , been WFP window cleaning but really want to get into doing roof cleaning and render cleaning if I can .

Hi Mr Green, thanks for your reply! Just joined today, been a lurker for months and I have to say I have learned allot from yourself and the other guys on this forum! So if it's a really dirty roof with litchen etc on it then the strength needs to be stronger, this is after scraping off the moss first!

Hi Mr Green, thanks for your reply! Just joined today, been a lurker for months and I have to say I have learned allot from yourself and the other guys on this forum! So if it's a really dirty roof with litchen etc on it then the strength needs to be stronger, this is after scraping off the moss first!

Back