Industrial unit front exterior clean

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Smurf, May 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#1 Smurf, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Was asked to quote to clean the front of this industrial unit including roller door, top green cladding, silver cladding, soffits, ali frames & glazing including the small canopy.

Also test the burgular alarm at no extra charge...Oops! :D

tn-P5060024.JPG
    How much would you charge?

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

do a cheapncheerful [runner]:thumbsup:

3. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

I've got a few industrial fronts I do which are very similar. I charge £30 - £35 but I don't do the cladding on any of them. With the cladding I would say £50. Should take under an hour. Thing with ally frames like that is they will spot if you don't do it right. They need at least two spaced out rinses. If you're looking to sweeten the deal a little then suggest that they have the cladding done every other time. It won't need it every clean unless they are insistent in that. If you need to use two poles, £60. But I would think a 25SLX will reach that.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Cheers Luke Elliott

I quoted £250 for a deep clean, £130 for a quick wash over then £50 per bi-monthly window clean.

Whilst looking at the job at 6pm last night I wanted to have a play on the roller door as you do so asked the client if that was ok as he was going to submit the quote to the landlord. He was concerned the landlord would mess him about as was moving units so wanted it done by Friday as VIPs were coming to the unit.

tn-P5060025.JPG

I got a wee bit carried away as you do and ended up doing a complete deep clean on the front of the unit including all the green & silver cladding and windows too that took only 2.5 hours to do. In the process I accidently set the burglar alarm off whilst I was cleaning the front door so when the chap came out to reset the alarm he noticed how clean the front of the unit was. I said I do apologise for getting you out but the job is nearly done now as a freebie so no need to worry now about getting it done by Friday.

Needless to say I have now not only got a very happy client that will recommend me to others, give me feedback for my site, use some pics of the job but also regular work on that industrial estate now too that I can build on.

Another important thing I gained out of it doing that job for free I now know the kit I have can do the job on those size units and how long approx a front deep clean will take in future.

Everybody is happy don't you think?

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

nice job smurf , did you by any chance sustain any head injuries lately :eek::laugh::laugh:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    It must seem like it to some I'm sure :rofl:

To be honest it's nice for me to be able to afford to do freebies once in a while and that guy is already a regular customer as I deep cleaned the exterior of his home last week.

What goes around comes around as they say as... ;)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#7 Smurf, May 7, 2014
    Mind you my wife was none too pleased when I told her as all she could see was the £ signs not going in her purse :D

I think she mumbled something like "what you done it for free!!! you silly old soft bugger you":whistle:

8. Luke Elliott

Luke Elliott Active Member

#8 Luke Elliott, May 7, 2014
    Good business sense I reckon. If it's a regular customer elsewhere (whom I think is worth it) then I would probably extend a similar gesture. My old boss always used to say; "Do a good job and that customer will tell 2 or 3 people. Do a bad job and that customer will tell 10 people. Do something for free and they'll tell everyone"

Personally I would have waived the extra for the deep clean. But hey, you've got the job so everyone's happy and £50 each clean will be a nice little earner.

Just read your post again - are you doing the cladding all the way around the building or is that £250 just for the front? Damn good price if it's just for the front. And I just realised that's £50 just for the front windows alone? Again, damn good pricing. More than I would have charged. Unless it's inside windows too?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That job would take more than under an hour Luke Elliott

Advertisement