Inside Conny Roof

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Keir999, May 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

Ive been asked to clean the inside of a glass lean to roof. Bout 6 large panels. New customer, so i wanna keep em happy. What's the best / easiest way please ? I don't fancy standing on an 'A' frame ladder as its pretty steep. Maybe a sleeve on a harris pole with ubik, then wrap a scrim around a dry sleeve to buff. Any ideas appreciated ...

Advertisement
  2. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Old fashioned way . Spray bottle with pure , couple of clothes , one to take the wetness away other to buff up

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Personally I tend to avoid inside conservatory roof cleans especially glass roofs as quite frankly can be a real pain in the **** to do.

First off you want to arrange to do it on an overcast day not on a hot one as will be harder to do in the sweltering heat. Also make sure they clear out the conservatory of furniture etc beforehand so you have a clear area to work in. Depending what flooring is down you may need to protect that as well.

Regarding the actual cleaning side of things you should clarify if it's just the glass panels in the roof that they just want you to clean or all the frames as well including the side frames, doors, glass etc as obviously will have an effect on how much you should charge and how long it will take you to do.

There are various methods you can use depending what they want doing. I tend to use A frame ladder to clean all the frames first on the roof & sides by hand using a soap solution like flash concentrated gel mix using rag method. Bug poop etc needs extra time spent getting it all off. I also use a vac to clear out dead bugs/spiders and cobwebs from the ledges and trims and dirt out of the openers before cleaning.

I've also been known to use a steam cleaner on the frames and openers if very bad as helps soften up the crud. Likewise on the glass too then might blade the excess pure water/steam off the glass and/or just buff up with microfiber cloths.

You could use trad pole method for the glass if you wanted using a 0 degree squeegee or wagtail but you may find some roof panels are quite tricky to do. I've found the porcupine washer sleeve quite good as seems to have more scrubbing power than a normal washer sleeve when trying to clean the inside of the glass roofs. Also sometimes you can get away with using an internal cleaning kit like unger, brodex, dragonfly etc or diy your own.

4. Poles Apart

Fookin nightmare I'd leave well alone

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

I've done two recently I just get them to clear all the furniture away then use a step ladder and trad the lot after I've bladed the soap off I have a cloth in hand at one side of squeegee to catch alot of water as its filthy.just make it worth your whil it's not straight forward

6. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Where abouts in Hertfordshire are you from keir? I'm in ware

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Water fed pole it then sweep the water out :p

8. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

ive read the we karcher is great

use a multi ladder id think

9. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Imagine if they smoked in there :eek: Now that would be a nightmare.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

no need too if it happens to be a swinming pool surround :D

Advertisement