Inside of conservatory roofs

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by brianbadonde, Jul 22, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

Hi all. Just wondered if there is a knack for cleaning inside of conservatory roofs? I did my first one today. It was an absolute scorching day so the solution dried up by time i came to blade it so left smears. I tried damp clothing them scrimming it which just left those horrible shiny smears. Eventually, i just used some detergent spray and microfibre cloth; this seemed to work best, but im dissapointed with the oberall result. Have i done somethong wrong?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yes ...you did it in the sun...

i got a great tip off here....that karcher vacum advertised on the tv....although ...i have never done one as i famous for doing a runner if they mention it.told one i didnt have big enough step ladders...another ..i couldnt get the insurance....pure hell the worst windy job going ...you were brave to attempt it....in fact ...for your bravery...i give you a like...:rofl:

3. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

Haha many thanks! What made it worse was it was like a sauna, and there were blinds up; they were drawn but the wire strings thats held them in place were there so i had to work around them. Pure hell. Next time i may just pass on the inside. I probably made it look worse any way. Luckily it was part of a very big job (gutters, windows, fascias, soffitts and con roof). The overall effect was good, just displeased with the inside.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i do them with a light shortish 4 ft telescopic pole , with a soaped up swivel 14 inch tbar on the end . scrub scrub then drape a scrim over the same tbar and buff off . id use about 6 scrims in the buff process by the end of it

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Did one yesterday funny enough. Car window spray & a mop with a micro on it. Was bloody hot but it came out ok

6. cheapncheerful

stop your giving me nightmares...its the windys hell job...

i will not be tempted...i not doing them in the sun...its like ..why do they always ask for thier gutters to be cleaned in the freezing cold...

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you could probably sell that idea- the boot camp scenario/ some folk might pay good money to sweat it out

8. cheapncheerful

i think its the worst job a windy is asked to do........unless you know different....

9. norm

norm Grand Master

a wee £75 inside outside must come close

10. cheapncheerful

well ....i did dodge the sun and they didnt mither me too much....apart from...have you done this....yes of course...eight times...:rofl:

Advertisement