Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside of perspex conservatory roof.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Doug

Hi

I have a one off job for cleaning a conservatory. All straight forward excerpt for the inside of the roof and plastic struts which have not been cleaned for a long time probably 10 years plus and the customer smokes in there so there is nicotine and very old fly pooh everywhere.  I would appreciate any tips as to the best solutions / chemicals for such a job. 

Many thanks

Doug

I have a polycarbonate roof on my conservatory. When I cleaned mine, I used one of those kitchen floor mop thingys, the ones that swivel.

I sprayed a diluted virosol in onto it, moped it all over, then cleaned the mop thingy in pure water and went over it again.

Came up lovely 

Hi

I have a one off job for cleaning a conservatory. All straight forward excerpt for the inside of the roof and plastic struts which have not been cleaned for a long time probably 10 years plus and the customer smokes in there so there is nicotine and very old fly pooh everywhere.  I would appreciate any tips as to the best solutions / chemicals for such a job. 

Many thanks

Doug

Dodge it, if you cant then wear a throw away paper overall, mask, hat, glasses and trutouch gloves. Buy a pump sprayer and put either Ubik, Virosol or degreaser, one litre degreaser and 9 litres water and spray away, one panel at a time and clean with rags or paper. Do it on a cloudy cold day. Oh aye, wear a dust mask. :1f609:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have quoted for 4 over and under clean door entrances that are up to 20' high. Would the Vikan reach to do the underside, can WFP to get them wet, just need to dry them after to save the droplets drying dirty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gardiner sell the doodlebug but I find this really floppy compared the the easyshine.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-head-attachments/quick-loqswivel-pad-holder-doodlebug-type.html

Yes I have done 25ft internal glass with them, but order plenty of pads they get dirty really quick. photo attached of some of the pads I use the vikan and unger pads as good for drying and polishing, the unger and streamline scrub pads as better if the windows are more soiled. 

image.jpg

Purchase the gardiner internal cleaning kit hook it up to their backpack use the 100 degree jet and a quick tug on the univalve otherwise you will have to keep lowering your pole to spray the pads with pure.

Sorry just reread what you have written yes if you can WFP them then just wipe with pads just make sure you buy plently of pads.

we use the on fascias, soffits and they get right behind gutter to dry off much better than faffing around tying towels around your brush to dry off.

A squeegee that you can adjust the angle on and TFR is traffic film remover which is a degreaser. Any degreaser will work. Just put a bit in the bucket. Best using a separate applicator to apply as you can get a better scrub compared to the excellerators flip pad 

10 years plus and the customer smokes in there so there is nicotine and very old fly pooh everywhere
£750 minimum.  Last time I did a heavy nicotine job it got on my skin, into my system and I was off sick for a week.   

Now whenever I see nicotine staining that's the price.  Don't seem to get them though. ???

Back