Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Brown Frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Had a first clean to do and its got a conservatory

Its all brown wooden frames - i normally think that its more easy to clean then white frames cos u cant really see the dirt marks etc

So i was cleaning it and it was a headache very dirty but at the same time my pole hose was leaking and i was drenched all my trousers and shoes were soaked badly so i just left the frames and done the glass. And then went home and sorted the hose out

I now know that next time brown frames can be a headache !

Dark Brown upvc frames do seem to warp for some reason not due to cleaning just general environmental probs have been told this also by fitters not sure if its regional or what but seems true in our area

If there "wooden brown frames" as you put it, they could be stained, so only the sills and window would need cleaning down.

I always tend to wash & rinse frames/sills myself on first cleans no matter what they are made of. That is if they are in sound condition eg wood not rotten, have paint flaking or likely to leak.

I've also found upvc brown guttering, consevatories, frames etc fades badly due to weathering so yo can only do the best you can to clean the dirt and algae of them.

Example pics

View attachment 2267

Roof panels covered in lichen (not bird poo)

View attachment 2268

After cleaning not great but looks a lot cleaner than it did before

View attachment 2276

Thanks for that Smurf some reason wasn't thinking properly there

See what you mean by brown frames lol

Yep he did but don't tell him I said so as his head might get too big and will be wanting a pay rise to boot /emoticons/biggrin.png

Nice job smurf did Alan give you a hand on that one heard his pretty good at brown frames lol

Latest Posts

Back