Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van suggestions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Upgrading my van and wondered if there where any suggestions on what to get or what not to get. Obviously needs to be able to handle wfp setup and have three seats?? Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Depends on how big of a tank you want. 2900 lwb Vivaro would legally carry a 650l tank, 3 people and other bits and bobs. It would carry an 850l tank with 2 people, just, anymore you would probably be overloaded. This is just a tank not with R/O and filters etc

Had more vans than I care to remember, but I've just bought a new transit custom and it's by far the best van I've ever driven and has loads of room for my tank etc 

I love the transit but alot of dosh and security issues are somewhat, interesting.

I live the look of the new citroen dispatch.

I would hazard a guess that the transit is a better van though. 

I'm in a 2008 1.6 dispatch and fuel up and down the motorway is burning a hole in my wallet carrying 500 litres

I have just bought a citreon relay  15plate plenty of room for 650L tank and power washers, did have a vw transporter found it to small for me but lovely van to drive

I have no idea the timer is broken

maybe I should have gone for the 2 litre

its been a great van so far to be fair but most of my work is 30 miles each way on the motorway and if you add the miles on the van, new tyres more often, fuel, it starts to add up

I'm in a 2008 1.6 dispatch and fuel up and down the motorway is burning a hole in my wallet carrying 500 litres

yeh ive got a 57 scudo same engine.

Its only average on fuel.

I dont know what it does must be about 30-35 mpg ?

Takes a bit of revving, they are not reet powerfull, wish i had the 2.0 myself

My kangoo 1.5dci is a very efficient engine.. so much so that the same engine in my brother in laws 06 clio is only 30 quid a year road tax for a turbo diesel

I get around 40mpg averaging out my short and long distance runs

They can do 54mpg driven properly

yeh ive got a 57 scudo same engine.

Its only average on fuel.

I dont know what it does must be about 30-35 mpg ?

Takes a bit of revving, they are not reet powerfull, wish i had the 2.0 myself
Yeah just wondering how much difference the 2.0 litre would make

wheres spruce when you need him

If it helps, I've got the 2.0 Hdi dispatch (got it for the higher payload) and last year on average I got 65 miles to £10. The year before I got an average of 75 miles to £10 (13p a mile - about 55mpg I think) but my turbo is knacked hence the lower mileage this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back