Internal Conservatory Roofs?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Mar 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I have managed to pick up a conservatory roof clean, internal and out. Have done a few of these (outside only) and had some good results using wfp method. However, this roof is all glass. Just wanted to put the subject out there asking for peoples tips on cleaning the inside. I have already asked for the very nice, expensive looking white sofa to be moved or covered along with the ornaments.
    Would anyone use a different method instead of wfp on the outside? Should I squeegee the glass on the inside as normal or spray on pure water and buff up?

Your thoughts would be very appreciated!

J

:cool:

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Yes as you said pure water and either squeegee or scrim.

Are you doing the inside roof to J ?

3. Yes mate. So you would use pure water with a squeegee on the outside?

4. mark m

mark m Hero

I would use wfp on the outside but if you can use a outside tap i would use this first and get the main **** out the way and i would squeegee the inside and use the applicator to catch the water and move the white sofa :D:D

5. Cheers Mark. The outside is fairly clean anyway so shouldn't be a problem I was just more concerned with the inside. Might have to get a practice in at the mother in laws! Might earn some brownie points!! :D

6. James

James Guru

Brownie points are always handy :D

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4yj23f

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Yes J as mark said and a damp scrim for the inside PVC.

8. Masons

Masons Guru

For the inside I put down dust sheets, as you can never be sure where water will end up, and then just whip it off with app an blade.
    Rocket engineering, definitely not.

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

I’ve done a quote a few of internal cleaning of conserve roofs, mostly self cleaning glass. Be careful if you’re using a squeegee as it is easy to drip/flick dirty water onto any painted walls etc so use a dust sheet as mentioned. I don’t usually use a squeegee these days and use micro fibre cloths to take off the (dirty) water, I’m confident enough not to have to use any dust sheets, but I would say better to be safe than sorry!

Richard

10. simon

simon Guru

richard do you mean you put water on with your lammy & then just use a micro fibre to get it off/ dry it ?????????? ive never done an internal con clean

Advertisement