Internal glass cleaning kits

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dragbag, Oct 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dragbag

Dragbag Active Member

I've been asked a few times lately if I do inside cleaning and I'm reluctant to do so with a squeegee as most of the homes I have been asked to clean internally quite high end, and so I was looking for a cheap internal cleaning kit that doesn't use water, the stingray It's out of my budget at the moment But I'v found an old unger pole this one Unger Aluminium Telescopic Pole 2x1.25m 94518D I'v had knocking around, because it is a few years old I'm not sure that the unger pad holder would fit this pole Unger Pad Holder I know green pro clean recommends 3M Scotchgard glass cleaner protector as a cheaper alternative..is anybody else use this on internal cleaning in conjunction with a pole? What would be the best cloth to use with this product just a simple non-fluffy microfibre cloth?

Advertisement
  2. Dragbag

Dragbag Active Member

Ps..:rolleyes: do you price up internal glass cleaning differently or do you just charge what the external clean is.. I would imagine you spend more time cleaning-internally than externally...am I wrong?:thumbsdown: Will 3m cleaner get of hard water marks...over a sink !?

3. LouisAMS

LouisAMS Member

I charge time and a half, so £20 outside = £30 internal. I'm sure everyone is different.

I personally squeegee insides, it takes some practice but once you've got it, it's easy. Take more clothes, I put large microfibres on inside sills, especially if not plastic.

Only use internal kits for out of reach windows, don't like them all that much.

4. The tattood one

The tattood one Active Member

I charge the same n whip off with a squeegee...i av a few high glass ones to do...dint waste money on a ally pole from unger...i just use an old window cleanin pole n just push it on the handle....the cheapo pole to brush adapter work a treat here.blade off as norn n plop my scril over the end o pole n scrim off at the end..fly sh!t is a swine in summer...n use screwfix glass or upvc cleaner on stubborn marks

5. Matt Barnett

Matt Barnett Member

Homebase have a selection of unger indoor cleaning gear.. I use there homebase internal pole & it's half the price of the unger ome & does the same trick..

Interior pricing I been going at £20 ext £25 internal but always depending on how dirty each side of the glass is..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. C Rose Cleaning Services

Use a squeegee with less water than usual so it doesn't drip everywhere and put cloths under the windows. I do a few houses inside every month and others on request. I charge the same as outside + extra for internal doors and mirrors if asked.

I have a pretty high end client base myself and I wouldn't do the insides any other way.

Advertisement