Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal Window gripe

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rinserepeat4321

Hi all

So I work for a facilities management company as a window cleaner mainly covering a well known retail chain
I'm expected to clean the externals (no issue obvs)and internals where accesible
I despise having to clean inside
It's not difficult work but it could be done by the on site cleaners
There are cobwebs which go beyond the window frame which already stray into on site cleaner territory
As there are stickers all over the internals I'm not using the squeegee and have instead attached a microfiber cloth to a flat mop stale-the on site cleaner could easily do this as part of their routine-considering the amount of dirt I find in stores they aren't doing much
Rant over haha

Lots of guys working for national companies don’t do things properly.. or at all for that matter
@Cghwindowcleaning knows who I mean when some guys go in to the town centre before opening and take a pic to prove they have been to individual shops then walk off without doing anything and get away with it
Why should you have to do their jobs
Do the glass and frames and leave anything that is not part of it
They obviously get paid for it
Also with stickers I would just blade over them and quick wipe with microfibre for the mess round the edge
If not perfect not your problem

I get the work signed off
I'm looking for better paid work anyway
Each shop has a clean once a month but will still receive complaints weeks later despite terrible weather

Hi all

So I work for a facilities management company as a window cleaner mainly covering a well known retail chain
I'm expected to clean the externals (no issue obvs)and internals where accesible
I despise having to clean inside
It's not difficult work but it could be done by the on site cleaners
There are cobwebs which go beyond the window frame which already stray into on site cleaner territory
As there are stickers all over the internals I'm not using the squeegee and have instead attached a microfiber cloth to a flat mop stale-the on site cleaner could easily do this as part of their routine-considering the amount of dirt I find in stores they aren't doing much
Rant over haha
Who are you working for? NIC Services group Ltd or Mitie covering Tesco Express and PFS sites?

If you are working for someone else it's just a case of get the work done. Instore cleaners never care or do a job properly. Internal glass in retail is always going to be a nightmare due to the rubbish posters they always stick around the shops. Static point of sale promotional banners and fingerprints will also be there to clean.

Have you tried using a vikan easy shine kit and spray bottle of pure water? Works wonders

Back