Internal Windows

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark m, Jan 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

I am pricing a internal office job at the moment as there is a lot of computers and paperwork everywhere some of the walls are 8ft high made of glass with the desk in front so could be a pain to reach so i was thinking at looking at a vikan easyshine kit or the unger internal kit both the same sort of money what is best ? are they any good or just for people like H lol sorry mate
    http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Vikan_easyshine_internal_cleaning_kit.html

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

You have a clx 4?? Well you can buy an adapter for the vikan easy shine so you can connect the head to your clx.. So just buy the head pal.. With the scrubber mop and a few micros, save yourself a few ££...

^^ that's what I'm doing... But I need to buy a clx 4!!!

3. mark m

mark m Hero

i have been think along those lines a well but do mops micros etc work or do i price to move tables etc and just use squeegge ?

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Never used one mate. I'd say it would be hard work and take longer than with squeegee. Are the windows bad? Is there glass under the desks or they stop above the top?

I want to get one set up as it would come in handy for some work

5. mark m

mark m Hero

no glass below desk but i can see it would be a pain if i have to move the desk , i could hop on desk but even that looks a pain

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

:eek: :eek: Hopping on and off desks :eek: :eek: ....

Don't let RC know that your thinking of doing that.....you naughty boy :lol: :lol: .

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

The viking kits are great, but down side to them you need a lot of pads as the get damp and they just marks on the window,

I use one on a wedding shop, they always got several wedding dresses in the windows and range in price of £1,000 to £7,000 each, works well on them,

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

As long as there is guard rail, has harness on, hard hat and no hot tea/coffee then he will be fine!!! Lol

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Does the job , i sometimes dont need it i just carry a bottle and mictofibre cloth, but when u need the extra reach then its good

10. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I have a Vikan one mate. Pretty good - I do some factory offices with it that are tall and start at waist height. A right pain to do trad (I used to do them trad until I got the vikan) but yes you need a lot of pads as one only covers approx 10sq metres. Did that job today used 10 pads but took me half the time of squeegee ;)

Advertisement