Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ok Youre A Window Cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

iluvwindows

How are we perceived as window cleaners do you think times are changing since wfp has been introduced and people view it as a professional trade?

yeah but when people see a window cleaning van thats on a 59 plate and with nice alloys etc... they just know the person must be doing well... this is why a lot of people start up window cleaning cos they know theirs money in this game

I seen plenty of flash vans come and go too. The kit doesn't mean jack to customers but the quality of service does.

yeah true u can have the best kit u like etc ... but its how well ya doing reeli /emoticons/smile.png

bo good havin a gardiners extreme if you havent got much quality work lol

My perception on window cleaners has changed a lot since WFP. I think image counts for a lot as its important to look professional and not "fly by night".

i think ppl see us as perverted scabs to be honest. how many times have i chatted to women online and they say what do you do. i said window cleaner. then i get bet you got lots of stories aint ya, do u see ppl naked. didnt you do well at school then. all insults to me. ok i like a good laff like you all but these are the kind of things i get asked. another girl said i bet you get action dont you. so now i decided to say im a wfp cleaner or a glass technician

Most what I call snobs perceive humble cleaners as something that they would wipe off their shoe. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've found that down to earth folk perceive hard working cleaners with much more respect that they deserve.

I believe that a persons perspective of their window cleaner is all down to the window cleaner. If you look shabbily dressed dirty unshaven etc then no matter what job you do their perspective of you will be poor. It's all about first impressions. People judge individuals not professions. There are poor workmen everywhere. It's not all about window cleaning, you need good people skills too, this is sadly missed by a lot of people who pretend to be window cleaners.

i always stop and chat to my customers, listen to there worries and then go on my way. one bloke had me chatting for 45 mins last summer and i lost track of time. not seen him about since that chat as its always his wife i see now ( hope he aint brown bread he was ok ) when people say things like didnt you do well at school tho it makes me angry. i turn round and say well i dont see the point in going to uni to owe the government 10k + in debts to be a solicitor then leave uni with no guarentee of a job and still earn 20-40 quid a hr. i can do that if i wanted scrubbing **** off windows and i had no real what you call pay outs to start the business. job centre gave me 200 quid to help me start my business up so in theory tax payers paid to start me up :lol: /emoticons/tongue.png

How are we perceived as window cleaners do you think times are changing since wfp has been introduced and people view it as a professional trade?
Yes, the public do view wfp as (a more) professional trade. Presentation, appearance, workmanship, people skills, ability to price – but if you make the mistake of making only a £2 or £3 profit on a job, this will change the customer’s perception in a heartbeat.

If you’re effective at what you are doing, i.e. making money - what the public thinks isn’t going to be a concern to you -

Richard

when i tell peopel i run am own windoiw cleanign business they think its very good /emoticons/smile.png

any 1 that runs their own business is standing on 2 feet and doing something dumb people dont realise this

they just think haha hes a window cleaner

lol

i feel proud to say i set my own business up and i run it to make a living. not many people actually make this work. most start ups normally only last a year then fails. this is one thing i was told when i went to the job centre, they were all for me setting up and said they wish more people on benefits had my optimistic view on things. ill admitt ive almost quit about 8 times in the past 2 years but knowing im my own boss and i earn what i want and when i want is great. ok you dont get sick or holiday pay but who cares /emoticons/smile.png

i think when you tell someone you run ya own business they automatically think your rich lol :lol:

lol but the best thing about havin ya own business is that u always got cash coming in /emoticons/tongue.png and the best part about it is your business has a value if u ever wanna sell it ... so u got assets aswell /emoticons/tongue.png my round is worth like 4/5 grand /emoticons/smile.png

i dont think were seen like say a plumber or sparky because they done lots of training and a trained monkey can wash windows lol i dont care tho because how many jobs out there can you go and earn from £20 ph ?? most are highly skilled jobs. my mate is a manager of an office and she only gets 13 quid a hr and has to work sat mornings aswell

Me personally no. I think they just see as as window cleaners who can come & go. If he don't turn up we get another one.
hmmm that true that a lot of people have been through loads of cleaners

on the other hand some people have had the same 1 for years lol

yep ive got customers from old cleaners who never went bk. i asked one and she said she had xxx for 21 years and one winter he just stopped coming. i only stop going to the bad payers or the moany customers. i had one call me to say there were spots on her glass and she demanded me to go redo them so muggins here drove 12 miles to find out her windows were dirty inside where she waters her plants. the water spashed up with soil and spotted the glass. wasnt impressed and she never said sorry

Back