Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best clips for securing hose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

greb81

Hey all i was wondering what are the best clips to use for securing hoses on to the barbs of rectus style fittings and other barbed fittings ect. Ive just got a new pump that seems to be higher pressure than my last pump and im getting various little sprays of water leaking out of the connection ends of my microbore 6mm hose, where im using the PINCER type O clips.

Does anyone use different clips like mabee miniture jubilees or something?

Thanks
smiley.gif

The o clips are the best imo

Stick a couple of turns of ptfe tape round the barb first..that should seal it

Hey all i was wondering what are the best clips to use for securing hoses on to the barbs of rectus style fittings and other barbed fittings ect. Ive just got a new pump that seems to be higher pressure than my last pump and im getting various little sprays of water leaking out of the connection ends of my microbore 6mm hose, where im using the PINCER type O clips.Does anyone use different clips like mabee miniture jubilees or something?

Thanks
smiley.gif
Mini jubilee clips work for me, plus you can re use them unlike 'O' clips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmini+jubilee+clips.TRS0&_nkw=mini+jubilee+clips&_sacat=0

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those clips are brilliant. Technically they are not mini jubilee clips, but fuel line clips, which are supposed to be lower presure. I tried real small size jubilee clips to my pump but they leaked. When i tried these (the one Tuffers mentions) they really did a good job. I got them from my local agricultural place for pence. They tighten so much better that jubilee clips on small hose.

If i need any my water guy always has some knocking about

I had the same problem with the jubilee clips

My hose will be here monday and got new rectus fittings delivered today so may try a couple of small jubilee clips with ptfe tape

If i need any my water guy always has some knocking aboutI had the same problem with the jubilee clips

My hose will be here monday and got new rectus fittings delivered today so may try a couple of small jubilee clips with ptfe tape
I just find the little jubilee just don't tighten round, but those fuel line ones are great, not need for any sealant.

I'll pop into autorange car spares on my travels tomorrow

Ta for the idea

Back